• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

100+ Raw Bronze Age Comics
2 2

28 posts in this topic

There are a couple of resources that can help/aid you...

Although its prices are mostly outdated by the time it is released the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide is filled with other valuable info, the Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide will lead you through grading with illustrations.

https://comics.ha.com/overstreet/comic-book-price-guide.s

https://gemstonepub.com/price-guides/comic-book-price-guides/?mode=1

https://gemstonepub.com/the-overstreet-guide-to-grading-comics-6th-edition/

Grading Standards...

https://comics.ha.com/tutorial/comics-grading.s?show=comicdefinitions

Glossary - The grading standards are outdated on this site, however, the Glossary is very good.

http://www.teako170.com/grade.html

eBay sold auction prices are actual FMV since this is what folks are actually paying. You need to look at Auctions Only for books in the same grade as yours, not BIN prices.

MyComicShop site is also filled with valuable info and can help you tremendously with determining reprint and variant cover editions. 

https://www.mycomicshop.com/?gclid=CLS_6I_Q8cUCFYYUHwodbhUAag

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have bought and downloaded the Overstreet Guide.

One thing that I had hoped to find in Overstreet that I am having trouble with:

In this collection are two sealed poly bag Whitman 3-packs that I cannot find any information about -

The first contains Star Trek #38 (Kirk Stranded) and The Lone Ranger #24 (Skyway Robbery).  The center book is  something like "Brothers of the Spear," being enclosed in the middle of the pack I cannot really see what I have.

The second contains Turok Son of Stone #101 and The Twilight Zone #68. The center book is something like "UFO Flying Saucers," and once again I cannot really see it.

Overstreet has references to both of these, but not as 3-pack.  Is there any place where I might be able to find information about these specific 3-packs to determine exactly what they are and what they might be worth?

On 3/29/2022 at 3:32 PM, Tut said:

In this collection are two sealed poly bag Whitman 3-packs that I cannot find any information about -

The first contains Star Trek #38 (Kirk Stranded) and The Lone Ranger #24 (Skyway Robbery).  The center book is  something like "Brothers of the Spear," being enclosed in the middle of the pack I cannot really see what I have.

The second contains Turok Son of Stone #101 and The Twilight Zone #68. The center book is something like "UFO Flying Saucers," and once again I cannot really see it.

Overstreet has references to both of these, but not as 3-pack.  Is there any place where I might be able to find information about these specific 3-packs to determine exactly what they are and what they might be worth?

I'm sure someone will have better answers for you.  

But very generally, you can look try to look up prices of matching items on ebay, both sold and 'for sale'.  Often there is other information listed.  Not everything is labeled well on ebay, you may have to dig around a bit.

Also, pictures help.

And, in the "Bronze" section of these very comic boards there is discussion of all sorts of things, including whitmans if you dig around a bit.

BUT VERY VERY generally, and I'm no super expert, unless one of your packs is known to be ULTRA rare, Whitman 3 packs without 'major' titles (someone smarter than me can tell you if Star Trek qualifies) or keys, if condition is reasonably nice you're looking $10-$30.

If you can't find specific data on the ones you have and you're selling on ebay you can price them a bit higher at like $100 and see if you get offers (and keep lowering the price if you don't get offers). 

On 3/29/2022 at 6:32 PM, Tut said:

Do NOT open your sealed 3-packs.  They will have more value sealed.  The only exception might be if your Star Wars #1 is in great condition and if graded pulled a 9.6 or 9.8.  Oh, also Overstreet has never documented anything about sealed multi-pack prices to my knowledge, unless they've done so in the last ten years or so when I haven't been reading it.

The second pack you list is fairly common, it contains Turok #101, UFO Flying Saucers #9, and Twilight Zone #68.  Probably worth on the order of $20-$30 at most if it has the green "Comics 3/74 cents" labeling.  If it's the Whitman Fun-Pac labeling it might be worth more, perhaps $30-$40.

I've been tracking multi-packs for a very looong time and I've never seen the first pack you mentioned, the one containing Star Trek #38 and Lone Ranger #24.  Do the books say Whitman or Gold Key on their top left corner?  I suspect these are Gold Key but I'm interested to hear your response.  Please do post a pic of the front and back of this 3-pack, I'd love to see it.   Despite that it's likely a rare-ish pack, I'd guesstimate a value of $50-$100 for it, at most, on a forum like ebay where you might get a couple bidders to battle over it.  Gold Key and Whitman versions of Gold Key comics in multi-packs just generally do not pull down the money that you'll sometimes see DC and Marvel multi-packs realize.

Edited by Warlord

On 3/30/2022 at 7:54 PM, Warlord said:

Here's an example of a pack that contains Star Trek #33, hidden in the middle, what were they thinking?  lol

goldkey3pack-darkshadows34startrek33ufoflyingsaucers8-b.thumb.jpg.8db4b6fad4abda08c67eee577d1ab899.jpg

That a comic about a tv series that got canceled wasn't worth a premium spot in the lineup.  That bag is from 1975 or 76.  Star Trek was long canceled and the movies were still on the proverbial drawing board.

On 3/30/2022 at 10:51 PM, Warlord said:

I've been tracking multi-packs for a very looong time and I've never seen the first pack you mentioned, the one containing Star Trek #38 and Lone Ranger #24.  Do the books say Whitman or Gold Key on their top left corner?  I suspect these are Gold Key but I'm interested to hear your response.  Please do post a pic of the front and back of this 3-pack, I'd love to see it.   Despite that it's likely a rare-ish pack, I'd guesstimate a value of $50-$100 for it, at most, on a forum like ebay where you might get a couple bidders to battle over it.  Gold Key and Whitman versions of Gold Key comics in multi-packs just generally do not pull down the money that you'll sometimes see DC and Marvel multi-packs realize.

Scan??? :wishluck: