• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High end trades, relatively speaking
2 2

22 posts in this topic

Hey, y’all!

I would be interested in making a trade which would entail books worth $12-15K.  For some of you, that’s a drop in the bucket, I know.  But for others, like myself, that’s a lot of money.

my question: Is there someone that mediates these trades that people respect enough to where both parties would ship the books and once both ends of the agreement have arrived at the mediator, he/she would then send the books on to their respective new owners?

Thanks, Chrisco!  Seems to be an open market on something like this.  I’m sure there’s a lot of honest people who would be willing to do it but are probably mostly unknown to most so the trust factor wouldn’t be there.  
If I do find what I’m looking for, I would be interested in using a mediator for a nominal fee, of course.

On 3/26/2022 at 12:10 PM, Funnybooks said:

ask a dealer you know or local comic shop to assist

That would be rare for both of us to know the same dealer.  I know of some real shady dealers that I wouldn’t trust opening a pull box with.

maybe My ComicLink rep would be able to do something along these lines.

excellent suggestion! Both of you got me thinking in the right direction!  
Very much appreciate it!

On 3/26/2022 at 3:23 PM, Northwest said:

I would recommend trying to trade locally or regionally, so you can meet in person at a local convention. While there are escrow services to buy/sell securely, trading is probably done best in person. 

Meeting at a con halfway is a good idea, and you can do some shopping while there. 

Get two birds stoned at once. 

On 3/26/2022 at 8:50 PM, Robert Doggett said:

Thank you all for your input!

On 3/26/2022 at 8:53 PM, kav said:

thats-

I think they’ve made a few adult films about this very subject matter…

On 3/27/2022 at 10:21 AM, blazingbob said:

I have mediated transactions with buyers/sellers before.  

www.highgradecomics.com

Thank you for stepping up. This is what I had suggested as being the best possible course.

Do you know / trust the other party? 

I've done a few trades in that range with board members. In those situations the other party had a good reputation here with a history of buying and selling. 

If they aren't someone you know / trust, I would go for a road trip personally. Or alternatively @blazingbob is a safe / good choice.