• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 Oscars predictions
2 2

114 posts in this topic

I captured all of the categories, including the new Fan Favorite:

• Best Picture: CODA
  • Best Director: Jane Campion (The Power of the Dog)
  • Best Actress: Jessica Chastain (Eyes of Tammy Faye)
  • Best Actor: Will Smith (King Richard)
  • Best Supporting Actress: Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)
  • Best Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur (CODA)
  • Best Original Screenplay: Kenneth Branagh’s Belfast
  • Best Adapted Screenplay: CODA
  • Best Cinematography: Greig Fraser (Dune)
  • Best Film Editing: Joe Walker (Dune)
  • Best Animated Feature Film: Disney's Encanto
  • Best Animated Short Film: Robin Robin
  • Best Live Short Film: The Long Goodbye
  • Best International Feature Film: Drive My Car
  • Best Documentary Feature: Summer of Soul
  • Best Documentary Short Subject: The Queen of Basketball
  • Best Score: Hans Zimmer’s Dune
  • Best Original Song: "No Time to Die" by Billie Eilish and Finneas O'Connell
  • Best Sound: Dune
  • Best Costume Design: Jenny Beavan (Cruella)
  • Best Makeup and Hairstyling: Dune
  • Best Production Design: Dune
  • Best Visual Effects: Dune
  • Fan Favorite: Spider-Man: No Way Home

My prediction is that a lot of lovely looking people (and the odd rough one, for the character roles) with lovely lives and lovely bank balances will pat each other on the back in a grand show of self satisfied loveliness. One or two of them might attempt a stirring speech about the world and maybe offer to house a Ukrainian woman with a child. But only a nice looking one, mind. Hardly any of them will offer to block book a hotel to house a whole load of them, despite taking home the odd $10M pay check every few months. They'll certainly encourage us too though, collectively. Once the people we all know have finished being surprised, some other people behind the scenes that we don't know will also be surprised and will thank some other people that we don't know and say that they are the best person who ever lived and that they love them. We may miss them doing that though, as we pop to the kitchen to make tea, or fast forward if we're watching on catch up. At the end, we will have a quick run down of the unimportant awards and a film that no one has ever heard of will win something. The films that every one liked throughout the year won't win anything.

As always, I have less than half my attention on this masterbatory, self-congratulating mess which my spouse insists on watching.  But I believe what Rock said was something like, "We're looking forward to G.I. Jane 2" before this all took place, and Jada looked pissed.  Not sure why and honestly did not understand the reference because I didn't see "G.I. Jane."  The mics were cut immediately following this.

The "punch" looks faked.  I suspect if Will Smith had wanted to actually punch Chris Rock, he would have easily done so.  Rock dodges it with ease as if he knew it was coming.

Not a good look for either.

Edited by MattTheDuck

The GI Jane 2 reference was because Jada has a bald head. She has a bald head due to alopecia. She didn't think the joke was funny.

Will Smith walked up and gave Chris Rock a slap.

Not a fan of Will Smiths outburst at all, but I kind of get it.