• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did Hammer have any connection with Cards?

22 posts in this topic

I know the general consensus seems to be that Abrams is Hammer.

Scanning Abrams post list, there is a high content of posts about restoration, trimming and the like, but what's interesting is that for the first 9 months of his board life, his posts were exclusively in the Card Forums.

Is that consistent with Hammer's profile? I don't know his entire history, but I assumed he was a comics only man.

I think his jail time was served for fraudulent signatures on sports cards?

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm right.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it was fraudulent signatures on baseballs that led to his arrest, not cards.

..it was one or the other,...it was definitely fraudulent signatures not comics,....

Glen Beram and Danny were busted for selling forged Sports memorabila. Their store was out on Long Island. Glen was running a Sports store/comic shop next to Larry's Golf on Central Avenue in the old Korvettes shopping center.

Ahhh, Korvettes. Now there's a great NY memory.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Know what E.J. Korvettes does not stand for "Eight Jewish Korean Veterans." Susan Forman, whose father was a lawyer and accountant to the founder of E.J. Korvettes (Eugene Ferkauf), claiming a different derivation. She says, and offers excellent documentation, that Eugene had a partner (Joe Swillenberg), and the 'E' stands for Eugene, the 'J' stands for Joe, and Korvettes was the name of a ship they liked. In fact, the chain store was founded in 1948, two years before the Korean War. Regarding the ship, 'Korvette,' it was originally meant to be spelled with a 'C' after the Canadian marine sub-destroyer (simply because they thought the name had a euphonious ring). When it came time to register the name, they found it was illegal to use a naval class identity, so they had to change the spelling to 'K' ... you did well,

Know what E.J. Korvettes does not stand for "Eight Jewish Korean Veterans." Susan Forman, whose father was a lawyer and accountant to the founder of E.J. Korvettes (Eugene Ferkauf), claiming a different derivation. She says, and offers excellent documentation, that Eugene had a partner (Joe Swillenberg), and the 'E' stands for Eugene, the 'J' stands for Joe, and Korvettes was the name of a ship they liked. In fact, the chain store was founded in 1948, two years before the Korean War. Regarding the ship, 'Korvette,' it was originally meant to be spelled with a 'C' after the Canadian marine sub-destroyer (simply because they thought the name had a euphonious ring). When it came time to register the name, they found it was illegal to use a naval class identity, so they had to change the spelling to 'K' ... you did well,

great info! I never did believe that story. too perfect sounding..

Glen Beram and Danny were busted for selling forged Sports memorabila. Their store was out on Long Island. Glen was running a Sports store/comic shop next to Larry's Golf on Central Avenue in the old Korvettes shopping center.

So, am I to assume that the investigation by Lane Evans (Congressman?) from Illinois in the early to mid 90's against Danny Boy never amounted to anything? This investigation had something to do about comics and was when he was still operating his store out of Hartsdale, N.Y.

Ahhh......oh, those wonderful memories from the past! 27_laughing.gif

Ok here is a ????

On the STL site Hammer's sig line is..

http://forum.stlcomics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2134&sid=98722098cba150e1c68486f0875dcde9

Be sure to read my posts as both "krazykat" and "Abrams" (among others) on the CGC Forums!!!

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

He's trying to stir us up. I think he's probably Abrams. But, Hammer and KK are not the same person.

He probably does have other ID's, but I haven't figured any of them out.

Ok here is a ????

On the STL site Hammer's sig line is..

http://forum.stlcomics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2134&sid=98722098cba150e1c68486f0875dcde9

Be sure to read my posts as both "krazykat" and "Abrams" (among others) on the CGC Forums!!!

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

He's trying to stir us up. I think he's probably Abrams. But, Hammer and KK are not the same person.

He probably does have other ID's, but I haven't figured any of them out.

I do wish that he wouldn't think it's so clever, to come on here endlessly with repeat i.d.s. The anonymity of the internet is a Godsend to people like Hammer.

I know the general consensus seems to be that Abrams is Hammer.

Scanning Abrams post list, there is a high content of posts about restoration, trimming and the like, but what's interesting is that for the first 9 months of his board life, his posts were exclusively in the Card Forums.

Is that consistent with Hammer's profile? I don't know his entire history, but I assumed he was a comics only man.

I've heard a lot about this Hammer guy on these boards?

Can someone give me a brief synopsis on 'his claim to fame?'

What's he done, what's his relevance in many discussions here?

Thanks thumbsup2.gif