• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan lee signature legit?
4 4

65 posts in this topic

I mean I can see similarities to a lot of other signatures. I also like to ask myself why would somebody fake a signature on THIS book? Kind of a random one to do it on. Sure, perhaps done to increase the value of an otherwise cheap low grade copy but...I still say it is more real than fake. If concerned though, return and stick to buying legit signature. If you can live with a lie and the price, that is good too. And if you really must know, certain people will charge you for such things.

On 5/16/2022 at 11:20 AM, comicginger1789 said:

I mean I can see similarities to a lot of other signatures. I also like to ask myself why would somebody fake a signature on THIS book? Kind of a random one to do it on. Sure, perhaps done to increase the value of an otherwise cheap low grade copy but...I still say it is more real than fake. If concerned though, return and stick to buying legit signature. If you can live with a lie and the price, that is good too. And if you really must know, certain people will charge you for such things.

Because the book had little value, that is, significantly less value it would have had without the Stan Lee "signature", which is why the forgers typically raid the "bargain boxes", low grade, low demand books for their signature fodder. 

On 5/17/2022 at 6:30 AM, James J Johnson said:

Because the book had little value, that is, significantly less value it would have had without the Stan Lee "signature", which is why the forgers typically raid the "bargain boxes", low grade, low demand books for their signature fodder. 

'Raid' is a good word, isn't it? One of my favourites, so versatile, a couple of meanings. 

Edited by Cat

Regarding OP book signature: Atypical size, stiff looking, lack of fluidity... appearance of stops and starts. It has issues. I can't say with 100% confidence it's bad, but I have significant doubts. 

On 5/17/2022 at 6:53 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

Regarding OP book signature: Atypical size, stiff looking, lack of fluidity... appearance of stops and starts. It has issues. I can't say with 100% confidence it's bad, but I have significant doubts. 

Be confident, Mr. Z. There are 9 distinct formation issues with this signature, any one of them that you will never find in any legit Lee signature from any era.