• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Grade Is In - PGM Hulk #102
3 3

18 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

This might sound stupid but is a clean and press a must here ? Is it because of that spot on the bottom of spine on cover ? Will a clean take that out ? There are some stress lines on the spines front cover but they don't even appear to be tics ....if there is a difference.....they don't really brake color from what I can tell. Is there some warping on the top of back cover ? The book looks amazing doesn't it ?  I don't know what that spot is so I'm not sure how to grade it but I'd like to say  8.5

I am not sure what the spot is either. There i was hoping that some of the dirt might be removed.

Guys take another look at this if you would .. I think I’m seeing a very light diagonal crease that does break color along the bottom 3rd of the book the line goes through hulks knuckle .. let me know if you can see this. He didn’t give us a close up of this 

On 3/28/2022 at 6:56 PM, Februus said:

Guys take another look at this if you would .. I think I’m seeing a very light diagonal crease that does break color along the bottom 3rd of the book the line goes through hulks knuckle .. let me know if you can see this. He didn’t give us a close up of this 

FCD14EB2-7413-4FF4-B7CD-A9438C2A5842.thumb.jpeg.25b72ef582be018a1626b029f0fdc518.jpeg

On 3/28/2022 at 11:38 PM, Zegeroth said:

That is a crease on the knuckle but very fine.  Maybe 6.5 from me.   This book has already been C&P and you will do nothing to improve it.  

that ink on the spine scares me.  Could it be color touched also?

Here is a close up of the stain on the spine. I don’t think this is ink though. I don’t think this book has been C&P yet due to some pressable defects on the cover.

18579E06-D7EE-4EB0-86E5-E77780DC5A14.jpeg

2E7EE1C5-B48C-4216-8D4E-7B8D2817E280.jpeg

On 3/28/2022 at 6:56 PM, Februus said:

Sorry, I should have included a close up of that. Yes there is a very light crease that breaks color on the cover.

That odd stain is so small, yet so distracting on an otherwise nice, clean spine. Almost looks like it was singed a bit? I assume it's visible from the inside of the front cover, too? I don't think any amount of cleaning is going to eliminate that. But, a press will take care of a few creases. I'm going to say 7.5 after a press, with no real need for a cleaning. Thanks for sharing!

On 3/29/2022 at 7:56 AM, silverage12c said:

That odd stain is so small, yet so distracting on an otherwise nice, clean spine. Almost looks like it was singed a bit? I assume it's visible from the inside of the front cover, too? I don't think any amount of cleaning is going to eliminate that. But, a press will take care of a few creases. I'm going to say 7.5 after a press, with no real need for a cleaning. Thanks for sharing!

It’s weird, the stain is not visible on the interior of the cover.

If ever a key comic deserved to avoid the risks inherent in the C&P process this is it. This is a gorgeous original survivor that looks to me like a 7.0

Remember. they are only original once! Worth pondering before you allow heat moisture and pressure anywhere near that sweet book.