• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC trading cards launches new website
2 2

14 posts in this topic

• Administrator

We've got an exciting announcement for all the trading card fans out there. CGC Trading Cards just launched its own brand-new website! As of March 30, 2022, CGCcards.com is completely devoted to trading card grading and collecting, including detailed information on the CGC Trading Cards grading process and grading scale, the CGC Trading Cards Online Submission Form and TCG-specific news. Visit CGCcards.com to experience the new website and see what else is coming soon!

thumbnail_0328 CGC Website Social.png

On 3/30/2022 at 3:31 PM, kreativemente said:

Not sure if Im missing something but hasn't that always been the site?? 🤔

No. It has been hosted here at CGC COMICS. They still need some kinks worked out. Because when I'm on the tcg site and click the message boards, it brings me back to the comics website and when I click the CGC logo to go back to the homepage, it sends me to the cgccomic site.

On 3/30/2022 at 4:26 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

No. It has been hosted here at CGC COMICS. They still need some kinks worked out. Because when I'm on the tcg site and click the message boards, it brings me back to the comics website and when I click the CGC logo to go back to the homepage, it sends me to the cgccomic site.

Ah I've been going to cgccards this whole time and it redirected me to cgccomics lol. So I didn't realize. I thought a new launch meant a redesign. Gotcha

• Administrator
On 3/30/2022 at 4:26 PM, Jeffro. said:

Mike, will the card forums over on the comic board be shut down since all traffic should be moved here? Please say yes. :wishluck:

The card chat forum will remain here.  

• Administrator
On 3/30/2022 at 4:26 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

I think that was intentional when you click on the CGC logo.  You just have to click on the Trading Cards tab, and it will take you to CGCcards.com  It's not on a dropdown menu.  The tab is right there in plain sight.  The CGC site shows all collectibles we grade, which include cards.  I don't think it would be fair to the other collectibles we grade if you clicked on the CGC logo, and it only took you to the cards section. 

It looks like the card selling, WTB and ebay/dealers forums are getting short changed with the link taking you just to the Trading Cards section.  I might request this link at the top, where the Ask CGC link is. 

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/101-trading-card-marketplace/

One thing that I noticed with the changeover of the website is none of the QR codes on CGC TCG slabs take you directly to the certification info anymore. The QR codes for the TCG labels were coded to go to cgccomics.com but now entering in any TCG cert number in the comics site brings up an error message. I know the TCG site has their own cert lookup page but it's a bummer that one million + QR codes no longer work as intended. 

Hopefully this is can be dealt with via some housekeeping on the backend. 

2F73D470-3C80-4D54-88A9-65CA9558C60C.jpg

Edited by ZunkFunk

On 3/30/2022 at 8:23 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 3/30/2022 at 4:26 PM, Jeffro. said:

Mike, will the card forums over on the comic board be shut down since all traffic should be moved here? Please say yes. :wishluck:

The card chat forum will remain here.  

??? If a whole new card board is being created, leaving the card chat here doesn't make any sense. 

• Administrator
On 3/31/2022 at 8:00 AM, Jeffro. said:

??? If a whole new card board is being created, leaving the card chat here doesn't make any sense. 

You would not believe how vast the AdminCP is, which is what makes this forum tick.  At this time, it would not be worth while to construct a whole new forum for trading cards.  I just took a look.  There were 15 threads that received posts in a weeks time.

On 3/31/2022 at 8:05 AM, CGC Mike said:
On 3/31/2022 at 8:00 AM, Jeffro. said:

You would not believe how vast the AdminCP is, which is what makes this forum tick.  At this time, it would not be worth while to construct a whole new forum for trading cards.  I just took a look.  There were 15 threads that received posts in a weeks time.

Okay. I was thinking of future traffic. Given the furor when CGC started grading cards, it seemed like there would be far more traffic. I guess not though. 

On 3/30/2022 at 6:50 PM, ZunkFunk said:

One thing that I noticed with the changeover of the website is none of the QR codes on CGC TCG slabs take you directly to the certification info anymore. The QR codes for the TCG labels were coded to go to cgccomics.com but now entering in any TCG cert number in the comics site brings up an error message. I know the TCG site has their own cert lookup page but it's a bummer that one million + QR codes no longer work as intended. 

2F73D470-3C80-4D54-88A9-65CA9558C60C.jpg

This is kind of a HUGE deal.....is this getting fixed?  @CGC Mike

• Administrator
On 3/30/2022 at 8:50 PM, ZunkFunk said:

Thanks for the heads up.  We are working on getting this fixed.