• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My comics came back to me from CGC 2 times in a row with new damage.

2 posts in this topic

Dear CGC Representative,

I recently received a batch of 80 comics that came back to me with brand new damage in the rear left corner.

Before that I received a batch of 40 comics that came back to me with damage in the rear right corner.

I submitted both through my local comic book shop who is a CGC representative.

The first batch of 40 CGC agreed to press and regrade which they eventually did.

With the most recent batch of 80 books I was informed that they are going to do absolutely nothing.

I am beyond devastated.

These books were mostly 9.6 and 9.8's.

They came back as 8.5's and 9.2's etc.

I figure, I'm out anywhere between j$10,000 to maybe $15,000.

Nobody is taking any responsibility.

Won't somebody at CGC help me??

Thanks!

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing.  If you submitted the books to a dealer and the dealer then sent them in on your behalf it may be difficult to determine when any damage might have occurred.  We don't know the original condition of a book before it was sent in.  If we receive a package that has any outward signs of damage, we refuse the package and have it sent back to the customer to inspect.  However, there have been times where there was no indication of damage to the box itself but the contents still sustained damage. If there is no outward damage to the box we will proceed with grading the books as they are.  

If you or the dealer have any images of the books from before you sent them for grading, you can email those over to us and we can review and see if there is anything that can be done.  You can send those to us at: submissions@cgccomics.com.  If you have any questions, you can reach us at 877-662-6642.

Thank you!