• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damage during shipment - What have people done?
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

My second and third shipment from CGC arrived this morning via FedEx and I discovered one of the books on the end was damaged during shipping. This is clearly a shipping issue and not a CGC issue. For those of you who have had issues like this - what have you done? Will CGC re-slab the book? I dont see any damage to the book itself, thankfully, but who knows it may end up dropping down from a 9.8 if the book was scratched.

IMG_8799.thumb.JPG.84ffbc9834133749d08ec7a4baa2dc9c.JPG

I have had this problem a few times and the process to have it resolved is rather straight forward.

Contact CGC, explain the issue, CGC will, perhaps, ask for a photograph of the damage, CGC will authorize a return for a ReHolder, and, in a email, explain the necessary steps to have your comic book ReHoldered for free and be reimbursed for the cost of shipping the comic book to CGC. CGC will ship it back to you at its cost.

The last time I had to return a comic book whose slab was damaged during shipment to me from CGC was in 2000, if I correctly recall, and the CGC customer service representative, as always, was extremely helpful in resolving the issue.

Edit: I failed to note that none of the comic books I received whose holders were damaged during shipment were themselves (correction) undamaged damaged and, thus, retained their grades. Based on the photograph you provided, the comic book does not appear to be damaged as the sleeve likely protected it as the slab is not, relatively, badly damaged (almost the entire bottom broke off from one of the damaged slabs I received).

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
To elaborate.

• Administrator
On 4/2/2022 at 10:36 PM, Stefan_W said:

Hi folks,

My second and third shipment from CGC arrived this morning via FedEx and I discovered one of the books on the end was damaged during shipping. This is clearly a shipping issue and not a CGC issue. For those of you who have had issues like this - what have you done? Will CGC re-slab the book? I dont see any damage to the book itself, thankfully, but who knows it may end up dropping down from a 9.8 if the book was scratched.

IMG_8799.thumb.JPG.84ffbc9834133749d08ec7a4baa2dc9c.JPG

Hello

Send the image to submissions@cgccomics.com  They should sent you a shipping label, and provide further instructions.  

Mike

On 4/3/2022 at 9:37 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hello

Send the image to submissions@cgccomics.com  They should sent you a shipping label, and provide further instructions.  

Mike

Thank you for your help, much appreciated!