• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2022 at 8:37 PM, Readcomix said:

Zap Comix #6 copy A VGFN 1st print $10

2BB7582F-3B58-4000-898F-40C120095B15.jpeg

A3B21EB4-B4A2-4C83-B504-70F30C2880CA.jpeg

:takeit: :yeehaw:

On 4/3/2022 at 9:19 AM, Readcomix said:

Fat Freddy’s Comics & Stories #1 VF- 1st print $7

06DE0179-D847-4BA8-891D-F8A2CFC06A1F.jpeg

9B9C7860-F346-4C3E-8897-014B41A8F587.jpeg

On 4/2/2022 at 8:35 PM, Readcomix said:

Zap Comix #5 1st print FN $10

7527F350-98F0-42B6-9E9F-49CD15088989.jpeg

153A2094-CF91-4CEF-A2C6-374F536BEE8B.jpeg

Okay, that’s everything in the pile. They are the last items from a very diverse 1,000+ books collection I bought a few years ago, for read and release fun and the guy’s 2 Golden Age books as keepers (Sensation #12 and CDNP #46). These undergrounds were last to be read and released.

I do have two copies of The People’s Comix (death of Fritz the Cat) in my PC. I need to check grades and printings and may offer one of the two, but other than that it’s all here. Thanks for looking, conversing and taking! (thumbsu

On 4/3/2022 at 1:02 PM, Readcomix said:

Okay, that’s everything in the pile. They are the last items from a very diverse 1,000+ books collection I bought a few years ago, for read and release fun and the guy’s 2 Golden Age books as keepers (Sensation #12 and CDNP #46). These undergrounds were last to be read and released.

I do have two copies of The People’s Comix (death of Fritz the Cat) in my PC. I need to check grades and printings and may offer one of the two, but other than that it’s all here. Thanks for looking, conversing and taking! (thumbsu

Update -- both copies of The People's Comics are 1st editions and pretty nice copies....I can't do it! Fuggedaboudit! 

Turns out I have a pic of one of them :cloud9:

IMG_2043.JPG

Edited by Readcomix

On 4/2/2022 at 11:29 PM, Readcomix said:

FYI - I used a FUGG (Fogel’s Underground Price & Grading Guide) to identify printings. Any errors in listings are due to my blockheaded misinterpretations, but I think I got them straight. Though Mother’s Oats 1 can be tough as the differences are minuscule…

As far as I can tell, they're all correct.

The pic of Mother's Oats 1 is just blurry enough that I can be 100% certain between 4th print and 5th print. That's a pretty easy distinction if the book is in hand though. The pirate in the Rip Off logo has a dagger clenched in his teeth. If the handle is on the right side, 4th print. If the handle is on the left side, 5th print. The only really tough printings to distinguish are 1st and 2nd.

On 4/3/2022 at 3:36 PM, Qalyar said:

As far as I can tell, they're all correct.

The pic of Mother's Oats 1 is just blurry enough that I can be 100% certain between 4th print and 5th print. That's a pretty easy distinction if the book is in hand though. The pirate in the Rip Off logo has a dagger clenched in his teeth. If the handle is on the right side, 4th print. If the handle is on the left side, 5th print. The only really tough printings to distinguish are 1st and 2nd.

Thank you; Fogel’s wording wasn’t very clear and I couldn’t find the dagger — the pirate in the logo! (worship) 

It’s still pretty hard to make out in hand, but it is a 4th as the handle faces right. (thumbsu

Ok, I thought I might have been getting some more books appropriate for this thread but the guy I’m trying to connect with is flakier than Flakey Foont so this will be last call so I don’t keep takers waiting forever. Also, I doubt there’s much crossover crowd, but I also opened an MCU Phase 5 thread in Copper/Modern (all books are already posted there too). Mentioning here in case anyone wants to combine shipping on items from both threads. (Wouldn’t Crumb have a field day drawing America Chavez???)

PS - You can see some 1935 Winnie Winkle OA over there too, cuz that’s got everything to do with MCU phase 5.

Edited by Readcomix