• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Team-Up #141
4 4

13 posts in this topic

I don't really know what's going on with those pages.  It looks like half of the book was trimmed shorter than the other half, because it doesn't look a like a mis-wrap or spine roll.  So I don't really know how to grade that.

I'm seeing a 6.5 FN+ otherwise.

On 4/4/2022 at 4:33 PM, ComicMarty said:

I’m hoping this isn’t too low grade but I just like having it regardless 

Having it should be all that matters. It being in your collection is where the value really lies.

Others say - Low grade is better than no grade.

Dunno about that back cover. Could be Qualified if that's a manufacturing defect. I think maybe the book had a spine roll that someone tried to fix the old fashion way - beneath a pile of encyclopedias.

Thanks for posting.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:15 PM, grendelbo said:

I think maybe the book had a spine roll that someone tried to fix the old fashion way - beneath a pile of encyclopedias.

That's what I can't figure out.  The centration seems almost perfect at the spine--there's no white from the lower back cover showing on the front, and no purple from the front cover showing on the back--so how could the pages be 1/4" off?--unless the back end of the book was just trimmed shorter than the front end during manufacturing??

If that makes it "Qualified," then Qualified it is.

On 4/5/2022 at 12:15 AM, grendelbo said:

Having it should be all that matters. It being in your collection is where the value really lies.

Dunno about that back cover. Could be Qualified if that's a manufacturing defect. I think maybe the book had a spine roll that someone tried to fix the old fashion way - beneath a pile of encyclopedias.

Thanks for posting.

I mean yes, but it also needs a *monetary* value at least equal to what I paid or a little disappointment is understandable I think 😐

And without saying how much that was, I *will* say it wasn’t 5.5 level 😒

Assuming that back cover is the result of somebody doing some DIY pressing between some heavy books, is there any chance it can be repaired or on a book this low grade is it not even worth the expense?

On 4/4/2022 at 10:45 PM, Axe Elf said:

That's what I can't figure out.  The centration seems almost perfect at the spine--there's no white from the lower back cover showing on the front, and no purple from the front cover showing on the back--so how could the pages be 1/4" off?--unless the back end of the book was just trimmed shorter than the front end during manufacturing??

Staples are off the spine and there's a good crease there running the length of the book. Could be a miswrap that someone tried to fix.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:48 PM, ComicMarty said:

I mean yes, but it also needs a *monetary* value at least equal to what I paid or a little disappointment is understandable I think 😐

And without saying how much that was, I *will* say it wasn’t 5.5 level 😒

Assuming that back cover is the result of somebody doing some DIY pressing between some heavy books, is there any chance it can be repaired or on a book this low grade is it not even worth the expense?

It could be pressed into the FN/VF range probably maybe. And I'm just guessing at what's going on. We'll see what others say.

Very odd that the back cover falls 1/4" shy of the page edges, and yet there doesn't seem to be any cover over-hang on the front? Hard to say what CGC would assign here, but I'd say it's a 6.0. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah this was not my best buys...

I didn’t pay for a 5.0 but looks like that’s what I got

Yet another book worth less than what I paid 😢

A cool one to have *for sure* but just wish maybe I’d payed closer to its actual value is all

On 4/4/2022 at 9:15 PM, grendelbo said:

Thanks for posting.

On 4/4/2022 at 9:45 PM, Axe Elf said:

I agree with you two. I believe it to be a qualified. Looks like someone removed the staples and attempted to straighten the top part out but botched it. Also, if you notice, both staples are slightly lower than their top hole should be. Doesn’t look like natural creases to me.

I say: 5.5 with Qualified Label.