• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM # 300

32 posts in this topic

Don't forget it also has the black and red cover making it prone to damage. In addition the story was so cool that everybody wanted to read it over and over again. Plus there is an issue with the cutting and binding of this issue. The right edge is usually rough making it hard to get high grade copies.

The right edge is usually rough making it hard to get high grade copies.

Don't kid yourself. This book is easy in HG. There are cases and cases of this book sitting in storage. I think even a few board members have some. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Still, a great book to have. As you said, great story!

The right edge is usually rough making it hard to get high grade copies.

Don't kid yourself. This book is easy in HG. There are cases and cases of this book sitting in storage. I think even a few board members have some. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Still, a great book to have. As you said, great story!

Like the Wolverine Limited series, the book was a NO BRAINER when it came out.

ASM #300 - McFarlane had just started off on the title (piggybacking on his Hulk popularity), Anniversay Issue, Return of the Red Costume

Wolverine LS - Most popular Xmen character, drawn by Miller

There's also one other comic I'd add to that list:

Hulk 341 (oops, 340)

I can still remember walking into the LCS and being virtually beseiged by the owner, telling me to "stock up on Hulk 340 - it's the first Hulk-Wolvie battle since Hulk 181!!".

Everybody was buying piles of those, but I think I grabbed 4-5 just to shut him up. 893blahblah.gif

Well if it is so common of a book sell me a stack of raw 9.4/9.6 copies for 5 bucks each I'll take 10. And if you can't do that it must not be too common.

Or maybe they're not imbecilic, like your statement. There're stacks and stacks of twentys at the bank too, does it mean that they aren't too common if people won't sell them to you for $5 each? After all, there's thousands of them out there... makepoint.gif

Well if it is so common of a book sell me a stack of raw 9.4/9.6 copies for 5 bucks each I'll take 10. And if you can't do that it must not be too common.

I don't know what world you live in, but here on Earth, Common does NOT equal Worthless.

Just look at Hulk 181. foreheadslap.gif

Kris, they're common -- real common. But unless you're buddies with someone who has a case of them you're probably not going to get your hands on the m cheaply. Why would you flood the market with them when you can slowly bleed them out over several years at $80 - $100 each.

About "The Incredible Hulk #340" I do not see the price on it, hell look at this Ebay Auction: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll...o=&saprchi= I do say this, what is very special about issue 340? I own it, because it was passed on down by me for free from my brother. Who bought it I guess when he was buying comic books. I though WOULD LOVE issuse 300. But really some good info on 340 please. issue 181 sells a hell allot more then 340, THOUGH I did see this issue in a comic book store for 30 dollars (I was surprsed to see this issue, when I owned itm, for this price)

Ok here is another selling for more money http://cgi.ebay.com/CGC-INCREDIBLE-HULK-...1QQcmdZViewItem

About "The Incredible Hulk #340" I do not see the price on it, hell look at this Ebay Auction: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll...o=&saprchi= I do say this, what is very special about issue 340? I own it, because it was passed on down by me for free from my brother. Who bought it I guess when he was buying comic books. I though WOULD LOVE issuse 300. But really some good info on 340 please. issue 181 sells a hell allot more then 340, THOUGH I did see this issue in a comic book store for 30 dollars (I was surprsed to see this issue, when I owned itm, for this price)

Ok here is another selling for more money http://cgi.ebay.com/CGC-INCREDIBLE-HULK-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Not quite sure what you're saying here, but I'll take a stab at it....

1. You want to know why Hulk #340 is expensive? It's a Wolverine/Hulk battle with Todd McFarlane art. Classic Cover. Todd McF was the late 80's/early 90's hot artist. Prices on all his stuff went up. This one never really cooled off like the rest of his stuff (Spidey 300 excluded).

2. You really want a Spidey 300 (I'm guessing Spidey, not Hulk) - Plenty of these available. Check on eBay, of course. Check some of the bigger online retail outfits (I bought one from Lonestar a few years back). Also, start a thread in the Marketplace forum or create a sig line on your home page. As I said earlier in this thread, this book is easy (provided you have the money).

3. (Hulk?) #181 will always be more valuable than either #340 or Spidey #300. It is the first appearance of Wolverine.

4. Welcome to the Boards! smile.gif