• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

turnaround times for pressing AND grading

3 posts in this topic

when a comic is submitted for pressing and grading, after it has gone through the turnaround time for pressing (say 247 days for modern), does it then go immediately to grading? or does it then go the back of the line for grading then wait the turnaround time for grading (say another 125 days for modern)?

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. When you submit for both pressing and grading, there are separate turnaround times for each service.  Once an order is completed with pressing, it will move over to CGC and start the queue for grading.  It may not go into grading immediately depending on the tier and how many invoices are ahead of yours for that tier.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

On 4/6/2022 at 8:57 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. When you submit for both pressing and grading, there are separate turnaround times for each service.  Once an order is completed with pressing, it will move over to CGC and start the queue for grading.  It may not go into grading immediately depending on the tier and how many invoices are ahead of yours for that tier.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

On 4/6/2022 at 11:11 AM, Mosh It Up said:

Business days. The slowest press/grade combo is currently 21 months.

Dang, so you're telling me that two books that I sent for grading and pressing in Aug 2021 might not even be done for another year!? That is insane. :( 

And I just submitted two more books for grading and pressing that showed up as received by the system on 1/21/22 . Those won't get back to me until forever!