• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Spidey Event in 10 yrs??? (maybe a spoiler)

47 posts in this topic

I can never tell whats "real" and whats been retconned away anymore with Spidey stories!

"Retconned" doesn't necessarily mean that something wasn't within continuity, or real.

It could mean that a simple fact was slipped into the story several years later, adding an element of surprise. A la "Sins Past." A retcon, but real.

Well, so far after reading the first two issues of this crossover I've gotta say I don't see anything too special about it. I don't see anything as far as the black costume returning. Yeah, it looks like something's wrong with Peter but haven't we've had this story before? Something is wrong and he may or may not lose his powers again... How many stories have we had that this has happend? And is this why they made a new title? Why not just stick to Spectacular or Peter Parker: Spider-man? At one point Spider-man had 4-5 titles and they dropped them all down to two. Why start that up again?

Well, it hasn't been brought up lately. But so far yeah, he does. Which I feel was a stupid move. I liked the webshooters. Not only did it show how advance Peter was in science, but it worked well as a plot device. Kind of like Iron Man figuring out how to use his armor in a different way to solve a problem/puzzle. Spider-man has only had 2-3 main devices that have stayed with him throughout the years. The webshooters, the spidey light, and a utility belt to carry extra cartridges.

Well, it hasn't been brought up lately. But so far yeah, he does. Which I feel was a stupid move. I liked the webshooters. Not only did it show how advance Peter was in science, but it worked well as a plot device. Kind of like Iron Man figuring out how to use his armor in a different way to solve a problem/puzzle. Spider-man has only had 2-3 main devices that have stayed with him throughout the years. The webshooters, the spidey light, and a utility belt to carry extra cartridges.

I actually like the idea of Spidey actually having organic webbing coming from his body. Of course it makes him seem more like a true spider.

To be honest, after first reading about this 12-part story, all I have been able to think of was when Peter grew 4-new arms. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened again.

I just hate that they change something in a book jsut because the movie had the idea. And the idea isn't original. I don't know if it as done in any of the original books before now, but they have already had the organic shooters in Ulitmate Spider-man and they had it earlier in Spider-man 2099. Now, he did have organic shooters with the symbiote costume, of course that was from the symbiote not Spidey. It's like making Batman fly (somewhat) in Batman Begins. Yeah, Bats uses gliding sometimes but its not his true mode of transportation. Just stick to character, really. So far, I don't see anything major with this storyline however, that is of any big change. We'll see however.

I just hate that they change something in a book jsut because the movie had the idea. And the idea isn't original. I don't know if it as done in any of the original books before now, but they have already had the organic shooters in Ulitmate Spider-man and they had it earlier in Spider-man 2099. Now, he did have organic shooters with the symbiote costume, of course that was from the symbiote not Spidey. It's like making Batman fly (somewhat) in Batman Begins. Yeah, Bats uses gliding sometimes but its not his true mode of transportation. Just stick to character, really. So far, I don't see anything major with this storyline however, that is of any big change. We'll see however.

Change is inevitable.

Change is inevitable.

True, just make it for a good reason. Like going from the original costume to the black and white costume. Great change that lasted for a long time and had a good reason (storywise). But so far, nothing else has been mentioned about the organic shooters.

So far, I'm not super impressed with the story. Not saying it's bad by any lengths. The thing is, they've basically been doing this since Stra%#%#$#ki came on Amazing Spider-man. The Morlun thing wasn't that impressive to begin with. The whole physical health issue has been occurring for quite some time now. I guess it just leaves little for surprise. But I'll eagerly continue reading in the hopes that something good does happen. Hudlin has been my favorite Spider-man writer in the last year. I liked his Superman rip-off Skrull story and how it wanted to be Spider-man's sidekick!

Pat

I'm a Marvel Zombie, I admit it. I also worship at the alter of Spider-Man, my house is testement to that. I'm obssesed with Spider-Man, and would love nothing more than to be bitten by a radioactive Spider and gain super powers...

So when I say this, you might understand I'm not making this statement lightly.

Spider-Man: The Other absolutely SUCKS BIG BALLS!

I got my advance copy of Friendly NH SM #2 and its the pits, Hudlin couldn't write a Spider-Man comic to save his life. The art is poor too. I am SO dissapointed. In fact, I'm angry. This story is a waste of paper and it feels like I've been conned.

Shape up Marvel, you are close to ruining one of the greatest characters in comic book history, wasn't the clone saga a big enough warning?

Sheesh.

I absolutely love Spidey too. I read basically every title (ongoing and mini) that he appears in. However, I don't find THE OTHER to be too bad, just yet. I've learned not to ever judge a year-long story after only a few issues.

I absolutely love Spidey too. I read basically every title (ongoing and mini) that he appears in. However, I don't find THE OTHER to be too bad, just yet. I've learned not to ever judge a year-long story after only a few issues.

God, Marvel must loooove fanbois like you... insane.gifpoke2.gif

MKSM019cover_col.jpg

I just found out that the black costume on this 2nd printing means absolutely nothing.

Parts 1-3 are all being reprinted with the same scene on the cover; the only difference being each of the 3 books will have Spidey in a different costume. That's it.

MKSM019cover_col.jpg

I just found out that the black costume on this 2nd printing means absolutely nothing.

Parts 1-3 are all being reprinted with the same scene on the cover; the only difference being each of the 3 books will have Spidey in a different costume. That's it.

Ben Reilly Variant

amazing525var.jpg