• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN - PGM Batman #63
4 4

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I was wondering what you thought the maximum grade this book could get. I am not quite as experienced in grading books of this nature.

Also, if I were to slab it would you recommend pressing it? I don't usually bother pressing a book unless it will increase the grade. My gut feeling is that in this instance pressing it would not increase the grade, but I would like to hear your opinion.

The back cover is detached, but the front cover is still attached. The book is complete.

Thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Edited by Eclipse9965

If the back cover were still attached with the obvious defects such as...

Edge wear/tears, creasing w/color breaks, spine stress w/color breaks, added or misplaced staples, staple tears, spine splits, writing on the cover, etc., the book would probably grade at a VG 4.0 to VG+ 4.5.

Since the back cover is completely detached the book will probably not receive a grade higher than FR/GD 1.5, possibly a FR 1.0.

Pressing will not help the grade on this book.

On 4/6/2022 at 10:25 AM, marvelmaniac said:

Since the back cover is completely detached the book will probably not receive a grade higher than FR/GD 1.5, possibly a FR 1.0.

Pressing will not help the grade on this book.

+1

1.0/1.5

Thanks for posting.