• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting slabbed books from other companies

3 posts in this topic

Hello! A long time ago, I received a book that was graded and slabbed by another company. There’s an upcoming signing event I may be interested in, and so I’m wondering if CGC would be able to remove the book from that other company’s slab so that the book could be signed, pressed, and graded during this upcoming event. If so, are there any fees associated with CGC cracking and removing the book for me? If CGC doesn’t offer this service, I’ll probably just leave my book as is and won’t submit it to CGC (I don’t feel comfortable opening the slab as I have illnesses that affect the dexterity of my hands, so I rarely handle anything valuable or that requires delicate handling). Thanks for your help!

Edited by jrm81

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  Yes, we can crack out books in other companies holders, however, you do have to provide written authorization with your order stating that you are giving us your permission to remove the book before we can do that.

Thank you!