• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves #53--Charlton Comics
3 3

7 posts in this topic

Here's an interesting one.  I can't find any info on this series at all on comics.org.

FC has a small tear, bottom edge; BC has a tear left page edge; ink-overspray top of comic (it goes through all pages); some corner bends with ink-breakage; printing lines on BC spine and left edge;

I haven't seen printing marks quite like this before.  Also, I can provide a picture of the entire comics page edge if needed...you can see the overspray on both covers though.  Thoughts???

3 (2).jpg

4 (2).jpg

On 4/6/2022 at 9:47 PM, grendelbo said:

Thanks for posting.

On 4/7/2022 at 6:12 AM, Funnybooks said:

6.0...maybe a slight bump with a C&P

I forgot to mention the two blue lines on the upper left corner of the FC.  Printer defect, or potential ink transfers?  I'm leaning towards printing defects.  What so you??

That is one scary lookin cop on the back cover! I'd put this at 5.5

At least once they got into the 25c era with Charlton, the manufacturing quality went up. Until then they were very hit and miss with many having the wavy cut down the RH edge and rough paper for the cover. Very few Charltons make true high grades in my experience. This one's a good un.