• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing content in book; will it be Qualified or Poor?

2 posts in this topic

Hello again! First, thank you so much for answering any questions I’ve had in the past. I greatly appreciate the CGC team.

I have a question regarding missing content from a comic book, specifically Incredible Hulk 180. I have a copy of it that I may be sending into an upcoming signing to be signed, pressed, and graded.

The book is missing the entire page that contains the Marvel Value Stamp. The story is not affected. I’ve searched for answers about this particular problem, but find mixed results. Some people claim it will receive an automatic 0.5 grade Universal for being incomplete. Others say it will receive a Qualified grade with notes that it is incomplete. How would this situation be handled? If I’m likely to get a 0.5, I’ll just keep my book as is. Luckily, I do have a complete copy I’ll be sending in for sure.

Thanks again!

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  The general rule of thumb for a missing page would be that the graders will qualify it if the rest of the book is a 3.5 or better and just give it a universal label of .5 if the rest of the book would grade under 3.5.  We will notate the missing page on the label.  If you have a preference, you can always put that on a sticky note and add that with the book and the graders will try to accommodate as best they can.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!