• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men #94 (2nd copy)
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Thanks in advance for your input.

Spine: Six stress marks, top corner blunted, bottom corner abraded.

Front cover: Minor edge wear on right & top edge, stress marks near middle of top edge.

Back cover: vertical stress marks near bottom third of spine. Stain on bottom near spine.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

10.JPG

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Edited by Chilliwack Comic Guy

I dunno, but at 22 pics (with rulers), I think you win Most Documented Comic Ever!

For a grade I'll go 7.5.

Edited by Axe Elf

On 4/9/2022 at 7:56 PM, grendelbo said:

What this on the back cover?

02.jpg.b3556ffe993fdd2f74264967c87bddfd.jpg

Wow, nice catch!

Yep, a waterstain will destroy my original 7.5 estimate.  I'm probably harsher than others on waterstains, though it is pretty light.  MAYBE 5.5.

On 4/9/2022 at 9:57 PM, Axe Elf said:

Wow, nice catch!

Yep, a waterstain will destroy my original 7.5 estimate.  I'm probably harsher than others on waterstains, though it is pretty light.  MAYBE 5.5.

I too am harsh on stains and water damage but this one is light and looks to be about the size of a penny. I knocked off two grades. If this book wasn't a key and didn't present so nicely it would've been more.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:17 PM, grendelbo said:

If this book wasn't a key and didn't present so nicely it would've been more.

Respectfully, I submit that a book's grade should not be dependent upon it's status as a "key" or its era or anything other than a pure reflection of the condition of the book--but I also realize that water stains are regarded as variously as any defect out there.

I really hope they test us on water stains in the upcoming grading contest, because I'd love to see the CGC verdict on something like this.

On 4/9/2022 at 10:58 PM, Axe Elf said:

Respectfully, I submit that a book's grade should not be dependent upon it's status as a "key" or its era or anything other than a pure reflection of the condition of the book

Yeah, it shouldn't be, but Golden Age, to an extent Silver Age, and Keys are very often given grade bumps by CGC.