• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Strange Tales 152
3 3

22 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2022 at 2:26 PM, ComicMarty said:

Yeah I admit my lighting leaves a lot to be desired 

The overhead light leaves a lot of glare so I try to kind of lessen it, but as a result the pic turn out kind of dark 😐

I do *try* to at least get pics that give a good sense of what the book looks like but as you see there, it’s not always successful 

Im sure if I had a ring light or something that gave a more dispersed light cast it would be way more effective but I just try to make do with what I got 

And yeah, 4.5 or there abouts seems to be the consensus unless I can get some of that guys secret formula and really brighten up the cover 

Would have *liked* a higher number, but I came for a real answer not just the one I wanted 😂

I’m happy with it either way 

If you have a room where you can do this, keep natural light out and use bright overhead/ceiling fan lights.  Then use a white background to lay the book on flat, like poster or foam board.  That's what I do, versus a scanner. (thumbsu

On 4/14/2022 at 4:31 PM, Galen130 said:

If you have a room where you can do this, keep natural light out and use bright overhead/ceiling fan lights.  Then use a white background to lay the book on flat, like poster or foam board.  That's what I do, versus a scanner. (thumbsu

Yeah...good thinking 

I usually just put down two boards and put the book on top...unless I am feeling lazy and just lay it on the one which maybe isn’t ideal 

My apartment has blinds, which while minimizing outside light in the day, doesn’t exactly eliminate it 

I guess I *could* stick to taking pics at night 

I mean the issue *here* on top of my bad lighting ability is that the cover of my ST 152 *is* kinda dark 

As had been pointed out, it’s got tanning that makes it look like just came back from a nice visit to the tropics 😐