• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nova #1
2 2

6 posts in this topic

To obtain a proper grade estimate you will need to remove the book from the bag and take pics of the front cover, rear cover, close ups of the spine/corners, inside front and rear covers and centerfold.

Books are graded by their overall condition, the color breaking crease at the bottom right is not allowed in any grade above FN/VF 7.0, if this is actually a higher grade book, it will take a hit due to the color breaking crease, how much depends on the overall grade of this book.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:18 AM, marvelmaniac said:

To obtain a proper grade estimate you will need to remove the book from the bag and take pics of the front cover, rear cover, close ups of the spine/corners, inside front and rear covers and centerfold.

Books are graded by their overall condition, the color breaking crease at the bottom right is not allowed in any grade above FN/VF 7.0, if this is actually a higher grade book, it will take a hit due to the color breaking crease, how much depends on the overall grade of this book.

Agree on removing it from bag - and scans are better than pictures in my experience. I think for CGC grading they are more lenient on creases, I have definitely seen a 9.0 with a color breaking crease.