• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If submitting a Walkthrough book do I pay both Grading and Pressing fees
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I have x-men #1.  How much will that cost me to get it graded and prossed.  Do you use GP A last sold value  on the graded value?    Say that value is $10,000.  Do you charge $300 for grading and $300 for pressing?

Thanks

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  Yes, there are separate fees for pressing and grading.  The Walkthrough tier fee would be a minimum of $150 or 3% of the declared value (whichever is greater).  This fee would be due for pressing as well as grading.  You can find our pressing fees here: CGC Services & Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com) and our grading fees here: CGC Services & Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com)

If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thank you!

Is the 3% walkthrough fee based on the customer's declared value, or CGC's valuation?  

If upon the book's arrival, CGC decides that the book was undervalued, how does CGC determine that value in order to charge 3% of it?  

On 5/19/2022 at 7:09 PM, HellYeah said:

Screenshot_20220503-131645_Chrome.jpg.5a22e91ec5488e2d79b095f9b7c95956.jpg

I guess my question is, how is FMV determined?  Using what as a guide?  
Also, if they're getting 3% of FMV, isn't that incentive to overgrade?  

"...in  no event will CGC's determination of current Fair Market Value exceed the declared value listed by the submitter on the CGC Submission Form."
This contradicts them saying they will bump up the tier if they feel the declared value is too low.  That is a direct contradiction, and makes no sense.  

Another interpretation may be that they will use their FMV to bump the tier and charge you more than you expected, but will not use that same FMV to then cover you for that amount in the case of loss/damage, which is 100% unfair.  If you're going to bump up the value, then you have to insure it for that same value that you just appraised it as.  You can't have it both ways, saying it's worth more for the sake of grading, but not if they misplace it.