• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signing Facimiles

6 posts in this topic

I went through the whole "sign keys" phase and part of me regrets it now.  It really depends on the book.  I have two signed copies of ASM!300.  I wish I had an unsigned copy.  I'm not terribly fussed about it because it's an easier book to find.  On the other hand, I also have a signed SS#1.  That one I'm a little more regretful of because there aren't as many copies out there and/or it's just harder to get.  On the flipside, a signed facsimile is purely a personal collector item as I think more collectors would probably prefer a signed original copy as opposed to a signed facsimile.  If you have IH181 for example, and you had to choose between signing the original or the facsimile, I would 100% choose signing the facsimile because I just oppose signing major/hard to acquire key books these days.  Just bear in mind that if you ever resell the sign facsimile, you're probably going to have a smaller group of potential buyers.

Probably depends on the book, the price, the signature, the grade, your own personal metric of “good investment”.