• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Uncanny X-Men 221
2 2

16 posts in this topic

Can you guys please help let me know if you think this is worth sending into CGC and what grade it could get? There are about 2 spine tics on the front of the book which I'm not too worried about, and plan to try and work on those a bit with the tac iron. I do also need to clean the top of the back of the book as there appears to be some dirt. As an FYI, I do have it sitting on a backboard that is why the back may look much brighter on the first picture.

There is a slight tear on the top of the back of the book. In the third picture there is a faint line going down the book. I did press this one and it didn't get it out. I was considering introducing moisture to the book and trying to get that line out with the tac and then doing another press right after that.

Do you guys think this book is worth all this work with the small tear on the back or should I be selling it raw and call it a day, then try to hunt down a better copy? What grade do you think I can get if I can fix the rest of the issues and it pretty much leaves the small tear on the back?

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

Edited by captainzombie

On 4/18/2022 at 1:51 AM, Februus said:

Need full pics of the front and back .. in addition to the close ups of relevant issues that you see. Graders like to see the whole book to get an overall impression before zeroing in on flaws.. 

I will post full pictures later this evening when I get home.

On 4/18/2022 at 1:51 AM, Februus said:

Need full pics of the front and back .. in addition to the close ups of relevant issues that you see. Graders like to see the whole book to get an overall impression before zeroing in on flaws.. 

Here are some additional pictures, hope these help. Thanks

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

On 4/19/2022 at 1:25 AM, Februus said:

Newsstand copy has been read a couple times but handled carefully. I’d say it’s probably around a 9.0 as well. Depends on your expectations.. if you have to have a 9.4 or 9.6 this is not it but it is a nice book 

Thank you for the feedback. I would love a 9.6 for sure even if its a direct. Guess I can always send it in to see what if it gets the 9.0 and then can always sell it towards a 9.6-9.8.

On 4/19/2022 at 11:43 AM, captainzombie said:

Thank you for the feedback. I would love a 9.6 for sure even if its a direct. Guess I can always send it in to see what if it gets the 9.0 and then can always sell it towards a 9.6-9.8.

9.0 at best, I didn't realize how desirable this book is in newsstand. I have a 9.8W newsstand that I bought raw and had graded.

On 4/19/2022 at 10:58 AM, Steppenwolfscomics said:

Just sell it raw. 

On 4/20/2022 at 8:38 AM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

9.0 at best, I didn't realize how desirable this book is in newsstand. I have a 9.8W newsstand that I bought raw and had graded.

It is quite a desirable book in newsstand and imagine when and if Mr. Sinister shows up in the MCU in 10 years time. When I originally bought this book, I didn't know what in the world I was doing with grading and never noticed that light tear on the back. Guess I will just follow everyone's advice here and sell it raw, put that towards a better looking copy of the book.

On 4/20/2022 at 11:05 AM, captainzombie said:

It is quite a desirable book in newsstand and imagine when and if Mr. Sinister shows up in the MCU in 10 years time. When I originally bought this book, I didn't know what in the world I was doing with grading and never noticed that light tear on the back. Guess I will just follow everyone's advice here and sell it raw, put that towards a better looking copy of the book.

Just buy another copy, he will show up eventually and the newsstand will go up more.