• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of supposedly rare Spawn issues ..........

11 posts in this topic

Just how "rare" or "scarce" are issue #18 and 21? Anybody know the numbers?

According to the Standard Catalog of Comic Books,

Capital City orders (about 20% of the market) were 119,400 and 103,900, respectively.

That would put the print runs around 600,000 and 520,000 each.

Strangely, #19 and #20 are probably "rarer" at around 470,000 each.

All issues after #25 are lower than these.

The print run doesn't drop as low as 100,000 until around #85...

but I don't think the words "rare" and "scarce" belong

anywhere near the word "Spawn".

insane.gif

Just how "rare" or "scarce" are issue #18 and 21? Anybody know the numbers?

According to the Standard Catalog of Comic Books,

Capital City orders (about 20% of the market) were 119,400 and 103,900, respectively.

That would put the print runs around 600,000 and 520,000 each.

Strangely, #19 and #20 are probably "rarer" at around 470,000 each.

All issues after #25 are lower than these.

The print run doesn't drop as low as 100,000 until around #85...

but I don't think the words "rare" and "scarce" belong

anywhere near the word "Spawn".

insane.gif

Wow, so why in the Lord's name are 18 and 21 considered "scarce?"

21 is an all white cover there was a printing defect which caused over spray. some of the really bad copies go destroied but ones with moderate overspray were still shipped to find a nice 9.8 with no overspray and a snow white cover and white pages is probably alittle bit hard but I can get you just a reader or a NM- anytime you want. 18 I still don't know what is rare about it.

Wow, so why in the Lord's name are 18 and 21 considered "scarce?"

confused-smiley-013.gif

Just checked the guide and Overstreet lists both of these books as "low distribution". Maybe this is similar to Conan #3 whereby the books were just poorly distributed throughout the country, even though there are tons of copies around.

Strongly doubt that any Modern newsstand book can truly be called scacre or rare in the true sense of the word.

I may be wrong, but weren't these issues printed out of sequence? I remembering hearing about that, where these books appeared after the previous issues had appeared, and were low sellers because of that?

I may be wrong, but weren't these issues printed out of sequence? I remembering hearing about that, where these books appeared after the previous issues had appeared, and were low sellers because of that?

I believe #18 came out out after #20 was released. #21 turned out to be returnable as a result. Or something close to that... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

I believe #18 came out out after #20 was released. #21 turned out to be returnable as a result. Or something close to that... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Yeah, #19 and #20 were released before #18.

good call. I remember that...