• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi all, dipping my toes back into the comics scene after being mostly absent for years, thoughts on best places to sell some of my collection
3 3

44 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2022 at 9:06 AM, ThothAmon said:

I loved CBM during the Carter years and am happy to see you on the boards. I’ve joyfully purchased lots of books here but I sell only on eBay and am quite happy there. Not sure if I’m necessarily maximizing every books value there but it’s pretty hassle free, especially given that I’m only selling buy it now CGC graded books. EBay’s selling tools help with inventory control also.  

Thanks ThothAmon. Yeah, those were the days for me, nostalgia and all. Plus, the energy of that group around the Carter CBM and Sotheby's comics guys (and Susan too) produced a lot of good results.

Edited by QuasarComics

Welcome back! I mainly stick to eBay, but it is a fairly lawless and risky place these days. Can't compete with the number of eyeballs, though. However, due to your reputation, and your curated collection of no-doubt lovely books, I'd think you'd do very well here on the boards. Though Boardies may be a little cheap (:baiting:) they certainly know good stuff when they see it, and NO other selling venue does a better job of policing its users than the boardies do here. I think you'd do great. Can't wait to see the books!

On 4/22/2022 at 2:47 PM, F For Fake said:

Welcome back! I mainly stick to eBay, but it is a fairly lawless and risky place these days. Can't compete with the number of eyeballs, though. However, due to your reputation, and your curated collection of no-doubt lovely books, I'd think you'd do very well here on the boards. Though Boardies may be a little cheap (:baiting:) they certainly know good stuff when they see it, and NO other selling venue does a better job of policing its users than the boardies do here. I think you'd do great. Can't wait to see the books!

Thanks "F for Fake", I lived in Louisville from 1989 to 2010 and did some of the shows that were at the mall on Bardstown Road just south of the Watterson in the early to mid 1990s (they started getting worse and worse). The Great Escape was a good shop in town, at least back then, they carried some decent back issues.

I'll trial a few books by next week, thanks for the encouragement!

Edited by QuasarComics

On 4/22/2022 at 3:26 PM, QuasarComics said:

Thanks "F for Fake", I lived in Louisville from 1989 to 2010 and did some of the shows that were at the mall on Bardstown Road just south of the Watterson in the early to mid 1990s (they started getting worse and worse). The Great Escape was a good shop in town, at least back then, they carried some decent back issues.

I'll trial a few books by next week, thanks for the encouragement!

Oh hey, it's a small world indeed! I've been here my entire life, so I'm sure we would have crossed paths at some point. I absolutely lived for those comic shows at Bashford Manor and Jefferson Malls! It's almost a definite that I picked something up from you! The Great Escape is still going strong, and is my preferred shop. I have my holds there, and I spend most of my money there. However, many other shops have opened up in the meantime. I can think of at least four or five that I'd consider to be "real" shops, which is a pretty nice number for a city this size.

Good luck with everything!