• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Grading

4 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your email.  No, unfortunately, there is no guarantee that your book would grade the same with CGC.  We do not have a grade crossover service for comics so there is the possibility that the grade could change.  

Signatures verified with another company would not receive the CGC signature series.  The only way to receive a CGC signature series label is for an authorized CGC witness to witness the actual signing or if it comes directly from the artist with the appropriate creator agreement form. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

PSA offers to look at card slabs.  If the minimum crossover grade isn't achieved then they will not crack the original case (BGS / SGC, etc..) and return the item with a processing fee.  Is this something that CGC offers?  I have a CBCS 9.9 that I would be more than happy with a CGC 9.9 (or better ;)) but don't want to risk a 9.8 or worse.  

Do

On 5/9/2022 at 2:56 PM, Rob Baiocco said:

PSA offers to look at card slabs.  If the minimum crossover grade isn't achieved then they will not crack the original case (BGS / SGC, etc..) and return the item with a processing fee.  Is this something that CGC offers?  I have a CBCS 9.9 that I would be more than happy with a CGC 9.9 (or better ;)) but don't want to risk a 9.8 or worse.  

Don't waste your time. Odds are it would not hit CGC 9.8, let alone 9.9.