• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC Grade/Encapsulate this...

5 posts in this topic

Fantasy and Science Fiction from October 1978?  It's kind of a weird size at 7.5" x 5.25" so I don't know if CGC would even be able to encapsulate it or if it would be jury rigged to fit a case.  Oh and for anyone wondering it's the first printing of The Gunslinger short story by Stephen King (One of my favorites). 

IMG_0800.jpg

On 4/29/2022 at 2:35 PM, StudebakerHawk said:

Fantasy and Science Fiction from October 1978?  It's kind of a weird size at 7.5" x 5.25" so I don't know if CGC would even be able to encapsulate it or if it would be jury rigged to fit a case.  Oh and for anyone wondering it's the first printing of The Gunslinger short story by Stephen King (One of my favorites). 

IMG_0800.jpg

7.5" x 5.25" is more or less a fairly standard digest size, and CGC certainly grades digest-sized books. But I seem to remember these being pretty chonky, so I'd make sure it doesn't exceed the 1/2 inch maximum thickness.

On 4/29/2022 at 2:43 PM, Qalyar said:

I'd make sure it doesn't exceed the 1/2 inch maximum thickness.

They are about that, but he could always have it pressed...