• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stephen Chow's KUNG FU HUSTLE 2 moving forward (TBD)
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Kung Fu Hustle 2 Is Finally Coming: Why It Took 15 Years To Happen

The sequel Kung Fu Hustle 2 is finally official — here's why it took 15 years to happen. The original Kung Fu Hustle became an instant cult favorite when it came out in 2004, and many have been anxiously awaiting a follow-up. Stephen Chow is a legendary figure in Chinese cinema and started his career with roles in movies like John Woo's Just Heroes and taking over from Chow Yun-fat for God Of Gamblers II and III. He first moved into the directing seat for 1993's Flirting Scholar with Gong Li (Miami Vice), and regularly started to direct his own projects like 1996's The God Of Cookery.

Stephen Chow's breakthrough to international audiences came with 2001's Shaolin Soccer, which was a hyperactive, cartoonish sports movie. Chow shot it with overseas viewers in mind, and the movie's unique blend of action and comedy saw it become a solid hit. He followed up with Kung Fu Hustle, another martial arts and action-infused movie. In the film, he plays a lowlife criminal who gets mixed up with the Axe Gang, which leads to some incredible action scenes.

On 5/2/2022 at 7:09 PM, ▫️ said:

Now that’s news! I have watched this and the soccer movie countless times. Made me seek out anything Chow has done or been involved in.

I need to get Shaolin Soccer and The Mermaid.

They say The Mermaid is funny too.

These are the movies you want disc over digital because the English track with the wilder humor is only available through that medium.