• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adams vs. Kirby

71 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2024 at 12:54 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Did Kirby create any dialog of note that wasn’t bad? 
Artists aren’t hired to be writers, and with some well know exceptions that is probably a good idea. Adam’s efforts as a writer weren’t too hot as I recall. His Deadman series was awful.

No - he didn't.

On 5/13/2022 at 1:32 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Not true at all.

I think the Kirby splash you’ve shown is absolutely fugly, but I’ll take McFarlane’s exaggerated ‘mistakes’ any day of the week!

This is an action (cover) splash!

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by BFA1971

On 3/28/2024 at 9:27 AM, pemart1966 said:

No - he didn't.

Kirby's dialogue may have been stilted, but don't forget he did most of the plotting on the Marvel books he worked on.  

Was Kirby the greatest artist, no, but what he created, all those characters, will never be equalled. It's like the Eddie Van Halen argument,  was he the fastest, no, but his body or work, album after album for decades have no equal. There are a bunch of other great, fast and technical guitarists from his era but most people would be hard pressed to name 3 songs that they created. There is no comparison.