• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

P.G.M. Batman 475
3 3

11 posts in this topic

Slightly blunted corners, slight edge wear with some color rub, a few spine ticks that break color (are seen more clearly on the back cover).

IMO...

9.0 VERY FINE/NEAR MINT (VF/NM):  Back to Top
Nearly perfect with outstanding eye appeal. A limited number of bindery/printing defects are allowed. Cover is almost flat with almost imperceptible wear. Inks are bright with slightly diminished reflectivity. An 1/8" bend is allowed if color is not broken. Corners are cut square and sharp with ever-so-slight blunting permitted but no creases. Several lightly penciled, stamped or inked arrival dates are acceptable. Very minor foxing. Spine is tight and flat. Staples may show some discoloration. Only the slightest staple tears are allowed. A very minor accumulation of stress lines may be present if they are nearly imperceptible. Paper is off-white to cream and supple. Very minor interior tears may be present.

I would say 9.2. Upper right corner could be fixed with pressing but the spine creases break color (black). Still a very nice book. The color transfer to the board shows it was bagged and boarded immediately after release. Maybe too tightly stacked in the box? Not all books and not all boards had that issue.

Thanks for your feedback.  I am pretty certain these books have not been touched since they were purchased.  But when my brother passed, I had to ship them across the country which was probably not a great way to preserve the quality.  They are in sturdy collectors boxes, but they probably got tossed around on their cross country trip 11 years ago.   

9.0/9.2

On 5/2/2022 at 8:43 PM, JeffSS said:

hasn't seen the light of day for ~27 years

I believe it. That backboard is crazy. I've been throwing out a lot like them recently as I rebag and board some of my long-held runs.

Thanks for posting.

On 5/3/2022 at 8:50 PM, grendelbo said:

9.0/9.2

I believe it. That backboard is crazy. I've been throwing out a lot like them recently as I rebag and board some of my long-held runs.

Thanks for posting.

Same .. it’s just the ink absorbing into the buffered side of the board. He used the right side tho 

I have a few thousand Modern raws going back to the beginning of the 90s.  I have yet to come across a board that looked like that.  It is impressive…for lack of a better word. 🤙

I'm not even a comic book novice yet.  I inherited these comics from my brother 11 years ago, and I never opened the boxes until a couple weekends ago.  I think these comics sat essentially undisturbed for 27+ years.  Unfortunately, when my brother died I had these boxes shipped across country, and the damage on the corners and the rubs on covers are probably from the cross country shipping 11 years ago...