• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's GREEN LANTERN: BEWARE MY POWER animated movie (2022)
1 1

15 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 8:11 PM, Mmanick said:

Watched and bought it. I liked it overall I know the parasite infected Hal but to say he always wanted to evil was kinda dumb. Like it still but could have done with out that 

I would have avoided the spoiler so others can get a bigger surprise.

But no. The Parallax parasite was not dumb, in my opinion. I went back to watch it a second time. It is actually one of the better and more entertaining modern DC Animated movies. Though it is quite impressive the number of stories they have put out since 2019.

• Wonder Woman: Bloodlines
  • Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
  • Superman: Man of Tomorrow
  • Batman: Soul of the Dragon
  • Justice Society: WW II
  • Batman: The Long Halloween
  • Injustice
  • Catwoman: Hunted

With an animated movie centered on John Stewart, with Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Vixen, Hawkgirl, Sinestro, Adam Strange and Hal Jordan, they went all-out with this movie. Yet were able to still remain focused on the central character just enough to not lose sight of the title. Mixing in a more sensible situation how Parallax took over Hal Jordan, and used his emotional losses to control him more was quite good.

I would give this movie an 8.5/10 overall. This more modern animation style is not my favorite. 

On 8/9/2022 at 3:11 AM, Mmanick said:

Watched and bought it. I liked it overall I know the parasite infected Hal but to say he always wanted to evil was kinda dumb. Like it still but could have done with out that 
I would like to see it soon. So far, there is not enough time for this. I often write and read movie reviews, I use https://studymoose.com/free-essays/movie-review for this. I would like to do it even more often, I will try to correct the situation in college so that I have enough time. By the way, I read both positive and negative reviews.

I haven't watched yet

Edited by estrellmamone2

Watched this again. Even better.

So much of the Green Lantern backstory (including Sinestro) makes it a great viewing experience. And seeing a hardcore warrior Hawkgirl that will kill when needed adds to the intensity.

I hope they follow up on this story.

On 8/8/2022 at 8:11 PM, Mmanick said:

You may want to rewatch this movie. Sometimes we recall things in error for whatever reason.

Green Arrow calls out, "Hal this isn't you!" To which Hal responds, "You're right. The old me would continue a useless fight against evil as a Green Lantern. But the new me is a god!"

He never says he always wanted to be evil. He has been twisted by the Parallax being. So even his talking point are via Parallax.

Edited by Bosco685

On 10/31/2022 at 3:23 AM, Bosco685 said:

You may want to rewatch this movie. Sometimes we recall things in error for whatever reason.

Green Arrow calls out, "Hal this isn't you!" To which Hal responds, "You're right. The old me would continue a useless fight against evil as a Green Lantern. But the new me is a god!"

He never says he always wanted to be evil. He has been twisted by the Parallax being. So even his talking point are via Parallax.

Good catch. Would have been cool though to have it where both GL's were on the same side one could mentor the other especially after all the others were pretty much beat badly. Jon.is my favorite but hal.ow my second favorite GL

On 10/31/2022 at 8:24 AM, Mmanick said:

Good catch. Would have been cool though to have it where both GL's were on the same side one could mentor the other especially after all the others were pretty much beat badly. Jon.is my favorite but hal.ow my second favorite GL

I respect that!

:cheers:

Still, a solid animated movie. To include that soundtrack that only enhanced the battle scenes throughout.