• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALL-STAR COMICS # 9

12 posts in this topic

Huh,......guess the Original Art Market has cooled down recently.

It has ?

Sheldon Moldoff art has NEVER been in high demand,...and,...the image is, eh ....

Not sure you follow the market,..cuz while I admit the price is defintely a bargain ....it is by no means indicative of any slow-down.

DAMN !!!! Thats alotta sweet OA,...and imho,..the buy it now's were wayyyyyy to low. Defintely woulda been better letting them run ....

truly fantastic to see such classic OA....

defintely surprises me that more people that collect Golden Age comics,..shrunkenhead, esquirecomics,...dont snatch this stuff up,...truly boggles the mind,...not to knock em'...but they'll spend upwards of 15K,..20K...25K...30K,..and up on the comic,...but let the OA,..for which there IS NO SUBSTITUTE,..slip through their hands,....

oh well....

KK

DAMN !!!! Thats alotta sweet OA,...and imho,..the buy it now's were wayyyyyy to low. Defintely woulda been better letting them run ....

27_laughing.gif They were priced where they needed to be to sell. makepoint.gifscrewy.gif

were these kirby or shmoberg pages they probably would be hitting $25-50K.

$4-5K for a page doesn't seem like chump change, although you don't see this stuff come up much. I've quietly picked up some nice 1950s pages for not a lot of loot, stuff like Brain Boy, or 1940s non-Alex Raymond Flash Gordon pages

truly fantastic to see such classic OA....

defintely surprises me that more people that collect Golden Age comics,..shrunkenhead, esquirecomics,...dont snatch this stuff up,...truly boggles the mind,...not to knock em'...but they'll spend upwards of 15K,..20K...25K...30K,..and up on the comic,...but let the OA,..for which there IS NO SUBSTITUTE,..slip through their hands,....

oh well....

KK

I think maybe it just does'nt grab them.

I have collected for many years, but only became interested in OA early this year.

Prior to that I could'nt see the fuss.

I do now appreciate it's value (not just financial), but I will never abandon collecting Comic books to read or Pedigree Certified Books of a certain pedigree.

Its all subjective at the end of the day...and you like what you like.

I share your love of OA, but with respect to you, I think trying to hammer the point to death will not ultimately endear people to this branch of the hobby. thumbsup2.gif

Or is this your plan? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif....to clear the OA field thereby giving you more of a shot at the good stuff

Very...interesting poke2.gif

Do you know anything about this Kozlak Collection? I take it he was a GA artist who collected some misc art of his time?

Here is another page from the batch, from Flash #58 although not from a Flash story, by Kozlak.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6573603081QQ

Nope,...dont know much about the collection,...but imho,..the stuff went dirt cheap,...truly classic Golden Age Art,...that would imporess anybody who knows anything about comics. Would look DYNAO-MITE on ANY wall.

I personally think some of the pages are easily worth 10K plus,...many bargains there...

KK