• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the dealers grade on this book and no its not what you think!

28 posts in this topic

If it weren't for the thing that looks like I crease I'd say 9.6. A crease is a crease to me no matter how it got there. I'd still say a 9.2 because of it.

I tend to agree with you that the distinction between production related defects and handling defects is often a silly one. Personally, I think a bad miswrap should knock an otherwise perfect comic down into the VF range. However, CGC and much of the market feels differently, so if that thing is a prod defect the book is a 9.6 no matter how you and I feel about it.

9.0 Stress mark above the "A" on an otherwise 9.4/9.6 copy. sumo.gif

Dealer said VF? confused-smiley-013.gif

NO STRESS MARK ABOVE THE A NO STRESS AT ALL,it is printed into the cover. Jeeze no one listens. No dealer said something else.......

one more guess from someone new and I'll tell what the dealer said.

No stress mark... then...

9.4 893applaud-thumb.gif

Dealer said NM/MT?

gossip.gif It's not a first print though . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who said it was a first print? Its probably a fourth, some debate as to whether these might be third also but its still from 1968/69, and to grade it VG/FN?

No one. It's unclear as to date. I agree the grade is absurd . . . but perhaps he has a hundred of them? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hows that for an off the mark upgrade??

Have you sent this in for grading yet? Otherwise, I'd be very careful to look the book over completely, to make sure there isn't a niggling issue inside, like writing or a coupon filled out, etc.

Have you sent this in for grading yet? Otherwise, I'd be very careful to look the book over completely, to make sure there isn't a niggling issue inside, like writing or a coupon filled out, etc.

Read through it, Crumb was certainly wacked out, there are no ads in these books,pages are virtually white and perfect. May send it in for grading next month

Read through it, Crumb was certainly wacked out, there are no ads in these books,pages are virtually white and perfect. May send it in for grading next month

No disrespect intended, as I am a huge R. Crumb fan, but why, oh why would you slab this book? confused-smiley-013.gif

There are literally hundreds of thousands of these later printings in NM condition. Keep it in a Mylar and ennjoy it for what it is. wink.gif