• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Hulk 180
3 3

19 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I Just pulled the trigger on this Hulk 180. I'm getting ready to send this into CGC for the Roy Thomas signing event. Any ideas on the grade I might get back? Thanks!

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

The book has a full length subscription crease that is most notable down the back cover. The front cover has the previously mentioned 3/4 creasing down the center. No other significant creasing other the the subscription crease. The book appears to have been badly pressed which resulted in the line down the spine on the back cover. Not really a line, more like a ripple. I'm hoping that a pro C&P will correct that and lift some of the soiling. The rest of the book does look good in the hand. Tan to Off White pages but nothing you can do about that. I'll definitely post the results when I get the book back from CGC. If the book comes back between a 4.0 and 5.0 I'll be happy. Thank you all for weighing in.

Edited by Nilo2

Hi @1Cool, There are no cut outs or pieces missing. Wolverine is there, thank goodness. That would have been a total deal breaker! The book is in really good shape structurally. The pages are on the tan side and there are a couple of pages with with some type of spot staining as can be seen in the interior pic that I posted. 

On 5/14/2022 at 11:44 AM, Nilo2 said:

Hi @1Cool, There are no cut outs or pieces missing. Wolverine is there, thank goodness. That would have been a total deal breaker! The book is in really good shape structurally. The pages are on the tan side and there are a couple of pages with with some type of spot staining as can be seen in the interior pic that I posted. 

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't pull a 4.0 - 5.0. I was thinking 4.5. Like you said, hopefully a good C+P will take care of the spine. Were you planning to use CCS or a third party? Based on a lot of the problems I've seen here on the boards, I'd be hesitant to use CCS.

First off congrats on the book! Nice score! Seems I'm a little late to the party but wanted to confirm I'm seeing 5.0- 5.5 with the assumption of a good clean and press. I'm using a FF 64 5.0 I have in hand to compare and I think your book is in a little better shape. Good luck!