• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BYRNE COLLECTION FOR SALE

42 posts in this topic

are you getting out, or reevaluating, or have upgraded all of these?

Yeah, what's the story? Are you mad at Byrne or what? poke2.gif

Joker--

I was recently presented with an opportunity to acquire my childhood grail, and have to let go of a large number of books from what I thought was my 'permanent' collection to finance it.

I've been actively upgrading my Byrne collection for well over a year, and in so doing...have acquired many multiples.

I've been going through those books, and setting aside the top 2 copies of each. A large part of this collection could be referred to as my 'factory seconds'...meaning that I'm keeping the copies with superior QP. In so doing, there are many cases where I'm selling off my structurally superior copies.

On many occasions so far, I've literally had to flip a coin to decide which copy I'm keeping.

Not sure how many books this collection will ultimately contain, but I hope to scan another 30 or so books tonight.

I have received a few PMs asking about specific books, but at the moment I have no intention of cherry-picking this lot. Of course...I'm not inflexible...and if I feel there is enough interest to break them up prior to listing... I will do so.

For those that are interested, here's the books I've scanned thus far: LINK TO GALLERY

so what is you childhood grail. please tell me this isn't for a girl. Please tell me it is for an original piece of byrne art or a golden age key or something like that.

As soon as I have it safely in my possession...I'll post a scan in the corresponding forum. yay.gif