• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Items at Heritage weekly auctions, including many from my friend Bruce's collection as he battles ALS

40 posts in this topic

heritage - Neal Adams Havok full figure

this one ends June 1

When I called and told him Neal had passed away, we talked for a bit about Neal and George Perez and shared our memories and sadness. Then he laughed and said maybe he'll get a few more dollars out of this one - every dollar counts. He cannot move anything below the neck and his voice is going as is his breathing but he still has his Pythonesque sense of humor. He is amazing, truly.

26081069%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Edited by Bird

On 5/17/2022 at 3:04 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Awful disease. It killed my mother. At the end, the doctors think she knocked away the breathing tube because she knew it wouldn’t get better and didn’t want to go on that way.

I didn't see the right emoji for this. But my heart is with Bruce and Bird, most certainly with you and your mom may she rest in peace,

On 5/17/2022 at 6:04 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Awful disease. It killed my mother. At the end, the doctors think she knocked away the breathing tube because she knew it wouldn’t get better and didn’t want to go on that way.

so sorry about your mother, it is awful. And sorry about that memory, it shows fight and defiance and spunk and strength to me if I may say so.

I believe the desire for relief as well as needing control over SOMETHING would make me behave similarly as your mother. Bruce made the decision not to go on the breathing tube when the time comes, he is choosing to stay at home and finish on his own terms. There are no correct answers at this point.

Bruce and I met in college and although he lived an hour away my kids know him and such. our love of comics was way underneath the rest but it is a shared love so at this time he asked me to help him out and not get fleeced

Little does he know...:devil:

its a joke :kidaround:

:whistle:

:shiftyeyes:

On 5/26/2022 at 10:02 AM, Bird said:

This one ends tomorrow. I was with Bruce when he got it and remember thinking "Havok Bruce? Really?" I like it more now, initially the blast area looked empty but now I see what is going on and the effect Adams was achieving

He did say screw that right foot though, the idea of a foot was enough for Neal on that day!

wow, 1920 for the havok by neal adams, of which my friend will be getting 1600

great result I think

thx

now can we get someone working on economy tier submissions please? (shrug)

Edited by Economy Joe

Seth Fisher Green Lantern Willworld splash page

26154408%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Here is the next one on the weekly auction schedule...a beauty that I purchased from Seth's mother following his tragic passing. I was just learning about him when he passed and the page has a lot of what I love in my comic art.

These auctions are fueling two purposes: assist Bruce in selling his art for maximum dollar and sell some of my pieces to fund my newly incorporated comic side business. I tend to go into these things thinking "sell something that hurts, make a sacrifice somewhere", hence this and a few others coming up (the Cooke Catwoman certainly fits in this category as well).

Edited by Economy Joe

On 6/2/2022 at 8:43 AM, Economy Joe said:

(the Cooke Catwoman certainly fits in this category as well).

Just seeing this thread. ALS is the nut low. All the best for his auctions and for the time he has left. I think the Cooke pages are great. Nice panels of Selina in there, all in one of Darwyn’s best early works. I’m considering a bid although I think the series will go for a strong price.