• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this for real???
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2022 at 10:29 AM, INKREDIBLE BULK said:

Found this ended on eBay. Are these for real? I recall a Mike Zeck exhibit where all pages from Secret Wars #1 were displayed. Any Ideas?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354067538702

I'm pretty sure those are reproductions. Make's you pause though:-)

On 5/19/2022 at 4:31 PM, INKREDIBLE BULK said:

I went back and looked at the exhibit pictures and it appears that the Jim Shooter signature is not present on the originals. Maybe prints sold be Mike Zeck? Not sure if is deceitful or honest ignorance.

Based on the limited description text it was deceit.  Claim say very little and hope for a rube or 2.   If seller knew they were real the description would have been far more well descriptive

On 5/19/2022 at 4:47 PM, comiconxion said:

Don't worry, all the Zeck art from the Florida exhibit was all safely returned back to me.  These were pages cut out of the Mike Zeck IDW Artists Edition that I helped put together a few years back.  It seems one of the trends these days is to cut out pages from the AE books and sell them to people as special prints on eBay.  Can't say that I'm a fan of that trend and unhappy when I see pages from the book selling for $50 each on eBay.  I'm pretty sure the people buying them don't know exactly what they're buying. 

I was in contact with the seller about his listing last night and he kindly agreed to take down the listing since it was misleading. He claimed that he had bought them on eBay and that's how they were sold to him.  And, he got them signed by Shooter at a convention (and indicated Shooter was happy to see them).  But, yes, Buyer Beware and thanks to all those who alerted me to this listing to make sure that they weren't stolen from the exhibit.

Great to hear. I was thinking about theft when I saw the pictures. Thank heavens they are safe and sound.