• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's SPIDER-MAN 4 starring Tom Holland (TBD)
3 3

34 posts in this topic

Sony chairman Tom Rothman hopes Tom Holland, Zendaya, and director Jon Watts all return for the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Spider-Man 4. Over the course of the MCU's Spider-Man trilogy (which is co-produced by Marvel and Sony), Holland, Zendaya, and Watts have proven to be integral to the series. The British actor leads the cast as Peter Parker/Spider-Man alongside his high school classmate and love interest MJ (played by the Emmy Award-winning Euphoria actress). Watts brings it all together as the maestro behind the camera.

In a recent interview with Deadline, chairman of Sony’s Motion Picture Group Tom Rothman shared his hopes for the MCU's Spider-Man series. After expressing his desire to "get working on the next Spider-Man movie," the interviewer asked Rothman to clarify if Holland, Zendaya, and Watts were part of those plans, to which he responded, "That whole group, we hope." Rothman went on to discuss Sony's own Spider-Man Universe, including the upcoming Kraven and Madame Web movies.

Edited by Bosco685

On 5/20/2022 at 6:22 PM, grendelbo said:

s-how-me-the-money-tom-cruise.gif.5b0bcec502eb6eaf934fb86b14e3aba7.gif

Seriously, if they are "out" of their contract terms, and based on the fact that the last movie did near $2 billion, they should all 3 be looking at a payday for the 4th movie.

On 5/20/2022 at 6:25 PM, media_junkie said:

Seriously, if they are "out" of their contract terms, and based on the fact that the last movie did near $2 billion, they should all 3 be looking at a payday for the 4th movie.

I have a feeling after this last movie all the actors are going to set very high expectations for their agents. Front-end and backend.

backing-you-get-yours.gif.ad35d3cb29f2640a7eb36515de81dc89.gif

On 5/20/2022 at 4:25 PM, media_junkie said:

Holland gets RDJ-type money.

They'll make it. How it fits into the MCU and the treading-water-Sony U remains a mystery.

My money's on Venom.

On 5/20/2022 at 3:57 PM, grendelbo said:

Holland gets RDJ-type money.

They'll make it. How it fits into the MCU and the treading-water-Sony U remains a mystery.

My money's on Venom.

Secret Wars

Then Venom/Spiderman 

As in, Disney/Sony Marvel merger

Edited by The Meta

On 5/20/2022 at 5:40 PM, alexgross.com said:

i hope to be the queen of england. 

Really?

My arms would cramp from all the waving, but thats me

My honest first reaction when I heard this was "eh".  I like the Tom Holland Spider-man but at some point they are going to milk the cow dry (or the milk is going bad).

I'm now more interested in who the villain will be.

***Bring in Miles Morales already

On 5/23/2022 at 8:55 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's one of the last characters who is still interesting to me. I will see Mighty Thor 4 1 out of pure curiosity.

FTFY

As “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse” finally hits theaters this weekend, the producers behind the trilogy have their attention set on the third installment, next year’s “Beyond the Spider-Verse.” However, that’s not the only web-slinging project that’s on their minds.

Producer Amy Pascal says a Spider-Woman and live-action Miles Morales movie are in the works. “You’ll see all of it,” she told me Tuesday at the “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse” premiere in Los Angeles. “It’s all happening.”

Producer Avi Arad teased that moviegoers will see a “Spider-Woman” movie “sooner than you expect.”

“I cannot tell you yet, but it’s coming,” he said.

Pascal also said a fourth “Spider-Man“ movie with Tom Holland and Zendaya is still in the works, but the writers strike has paused development. “Are we going to make another movie? Of course, we are,” she said. “We’re in the process, but the writers strike, nobody is working during the strike. We’re all being supporters and whenever they get themselves together, we’ll get started.”

Hadn't read about his alcohol addiction until now.

In an interview on the 'On Purpose With Jay Shetty' podcast, the actor, who is a year and half sober, detailed when he first realized he had a problem with alcohol: "Why am I enslaved to this drink?"

Tom Holland is opening up about his sobriety journey and looking back on his struggle with alcohol addiction.

In an interview for the On Purpose With Jay Shetty podcast, the actor detailed when he first realized he had a problem with alcohol and admitted to having an addiction. “I’m happy to say it — I was definitely addicted to alcohol. I’m not shying away from that at all,” he told Shetty.

“It’s interesting. I didn’t one day wake up and say, ‘I’m giving up drinking.’ I, just like many Brits, had a very, very boozy December … I’ve always been able to drink a lot.”