• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 300 - Restored copy received by mistake

6 posts in this topic

I recently submitted a newsstand copy of Amazing Spider-Man 300 in pretty good condition (along with several other comics).  I got my shipment back in April, and the copy that I received back from CGC was a heavily restored direct edition copy.  I have been working over the phone with CGC for the past month, but they haven't had any luck locating my copy so far.  Here are a couple photos.  The newsstand copy is the one I submitted, and the slabbed direct copy is the one I got back.  Trying to determine if CGC has the ability to search various points of data in their database to troubleshoot.  For example, can you look to see if there was restoration work done by CGC on a Spider-Man 300 around that time.  Also, my submission was received on 4/7 and shipped back on 4/15.  Is it possible to search the database to see what other Spider-Man 300 issues were received around that time, and received a grade reflective of the one I sent in the photo.  Since the certification number on the slab I received aligns with the other comics I submitted, it would seem the one I sent got misplaced somewhere between unboxing and grading. 

Spiderman 300 - Sent.jpg

Spiderman 300 - Wrong comic.jpeg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  I am sorry to hear about that!  Do you have the name of the person that has been assisting you so I can go back to them and see if they have an update?  Also, did they send you the instructions and shipping label to send back the book the book?  

Thank you,

On 6/1/2022 at 9:05 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  I am sorry to hear about that!  Do you have the name of the person that has been assisting you so I can go back to them and see if they have an update?  Also, did they send you the instructions and shipping label to send back the book the book?  

Thank you,

Yes, I did send the book back marked ME, and it has been received on your end.  I have been talking with Maria, and she has been very nice and trying to help.  Said operations folks haven't had any luck, but I would like to get some detail around what specific steps have been taken to try to find it. 

On 6/2/2022 at 9:37 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Thank you for that information.  I'll check with Maria and see if she can provide you with an update on that.  

Thank you!

Curious if there are pictures taken during any part of the CGC process (unboxing, grading, etc), that could help in this situation?