• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large Sale of wide ranging books. <CLOSED>
6 6

294 posts in this topic

Changing gears briefly for a couple books over to pre-code crime.

All-True Crime #51, Atlas, 1952. Well worn copy with tape along the length of the spine (looks preemptive, but may be hiding splitting under there somewhere). Small piece of tape on the back cover, and on the interior of the front cover. Some writing in pen on front, some soiling, and plenty of general wear. Complete, and attached. I originally had this at 2.5, but looking at it fresh today, I think it is probably more 2.0ish.

$25  **NOW $20**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

All-True Detective Cases #3, Avon, 1954. This is actually the second issue of this short three-issue run. Solid, lower grade book. Complete and attached, with decent pages. General wear all the way around with a full length light crease to the front, a ~1" tear on the back edge, and some math in pencil on back cover. I wanted to go in the 4.0 range, but probably not that good. Let's go 3.5.

$80  NOW $65  **NOW $60**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Here we go. I am going to list all 14 rapid fire, then come back with pics added on as quickly as I can. It might take a while to get them all since work keeps getting in the way.

Astonishing #28, Atlas, 1953. Complete and attached. Spine split at the top of about 3/4" that turns into the cover and extends over to the "A". Other than that, nothing beyond some general wear, and the CF pulled through at top staple (still attached at bottom). 3.5 is my grade, but displays much nicer. 

$120  NOW $99  **NOW $90**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Astonishing #29, Atlas, 1954. Classic decapitated head cover by Everett. Complete and well attached. This one does not present as nicely as the #28, but I have it half a grade higher at 4.0. No split/tear to account for, but more general wear, including a horizontal crease on front from left edge almost all the way across. 

$200  **SOLD per PM to @Dr. Balls**

Spoiler
Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Astonishing #39, Atlas, 1955. This one is a mylar-all-star, and looks better than its grade. Spine is nice, colors sharp, minimal wear. Now to the more hidden issues that bring the grade down. There is staining to the front cover that you can only see at an angle in the right light. There is some aging to the interior pages around the edges, but no brittleness. Finally, there is some white ink/paint/whiteout affecting two interior pages (see spoiler pic, and that should also show some of the aging to the paper edges). Looks way better, but I have a 4.0 on this one.

$90  NOW $78  **NOW $70**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Astonishing #42, Atlas, 1955. Structurally it's pretty solid. Spine is good, lays flat. Aging around the perimeter including dust shadow, and tanning pages. Old moisture exposure to bottom right corner (looking from the front) that goes all the way through. Tiny corner chip on back bottom left. 3.5 is my grade.

$60  **SOLD to @Dr. Balls**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Astonishing #44, Atlas, 1955. From the logo down, this book is really sharp with great colors and minimal wear. But aging to the top edge, along with paper missing at the top left corner drop it. Paper loss impacts the whole book, but even at its worst, doesn't get anywhere near the art inside. 2.0 is my grade.

$35  **SOLD to @Dr. Balls**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Astonishing #45, Atlas, 1956. MISSING THE ENTIRE STORY "The Vagrant" by Krigstein. This is before the centerfold. I have five pages before the center and eight pages after. Otherwise a 4.0 type of book. 

$22  NOW $15  **NOW $12**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Astonishing #52, Atlas, 1956. Really solid copy, and I love the feel of this cover. Big corner crease bottom right front, other general surface and spine wear, some wrinkling to back bottom spine. I have it a 4.0.

$65  **SOLD to @Dr. Balls**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Astonishing #55, Atlas, 1956. Another solid copy, and another cover I love. More wear to this one. Nothing too major to call out, but three differen edge tears to the back cover. I have it at 3.0. 

$60  **SOLD to @Dr. Balls**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman