• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large Sale of wide ranging books. <CLOSED>
6 6

294 posts in this topic

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #12, Atlas, 1952. Spine split at the bottom of about 1.5”, lots of edge wear, writing above (and in) “Unknown”, paper is aging but still reasonably supple, piece missing in the margin of the next to last page that BARELY touches the art. Still complete and attached and the body of the cover is pretty decent. I have it at 2.0. 

$85  **SOLD to @podboy66**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #15, Atlas, 1953. “They Crawl By Night” story. This one was manufactured with no bottom staple. Top staple has pulled through the cover, so cover detached. Interior holding firm to the single staple. Piece missing low left front corner, great gloss and color still, I want to say 2.0, but the piece missing might be too big. 1.8 instead. 

$95  **SOLD to @podboy66**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #17, Atlas, 1953. Cool ice monster on the cover, and looks good in a Mylar, but problems. First, it’s incomplete. Only 14 pages, so missing the CF. Then, seems like small amounts of glue inside. Not sure what the point is. It’s like it’s reinforcing the staples. Not a lot and not on every page. Also some flaking around the edges. If you get past all that, it’s pretty solid. Plenty of general wear including spine, edge and a minor tear or two. Has to be 0.5. 

$20  **NOW $17   **SOLD via PM**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #24, Atlas, 1954. I bought this one on the boards years ago as a 4.5. Seems right, though I would go half a grade better way before I’d go half a grade lower. It’s the spine. If it were better, this book could be much higher. There just isn’t much else that’s a problem. Plus, two space stories, a mummy story and a giant spider story (think Shelob). Not sure CGC could give it a 5.0 due to the spine, but it deserves better than that elsewhere. 

$165  NOW $150 **NOW $130  **SOLD via PM**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #25, Atlas, 1954. Looks like a 5.0 or even 5.5 until you get to that top right corner. The chew impacts the whole book, but is limited to that small corner portion. Adjust accordingly…the rest of it is way too nice to drop it too far, but I know the technical grade will get hammered for that corner. 5.5Q or 3.5? I am not sure. 

$85  NOW $75   **NOW $68**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #30, Atlas, 1954. Chips at all four corners on the front, aging around the edges of the paper, but still supple, some minor creasing and surface wear, still glossy, complete and attached. I think it's a 3.0.

$55  NOW $45  **NOW $40**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #31, Atlas, 1954. Bought as a 5.0, and that is fair. Some minor staining along the top edge that is only visible inside, some light wear around the edges, a small bit of ink writing on cover. Nice book, but general wear and aging. 

$125  NOW 115  **NOW $100**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Ok...this will be rapid fire with pictures to follow quickly. It is complete except #74, so 58 - 73 with grades ranging from 4.5 to 8.0. Take the whole lot for $195 shipped in the US

**NOW $180 shipped in the US**

I found the #74 that goes with this run. Take all books from #58 to #74 for $195 shipped in the US.

Edited by elibowman

All Star Comics #58, DC, 1976. Structurally a 6.5 or 7.0 with just a bit of edge and spine wear. However, big stain above Power Girl, and another much smaller stain under the R in SUPER. Maybe a 4.0?

$55

A00B1BB9-5263-48AA-B3DE-955E4816CBC0.jpeg

FE9DF9AC-0C70-4E60-9DBB-36EF1B553066.jpeg

Edited by elibowman