• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large Sale of wide ranging books. <CLOSED>
6 6

294 posts in this topic

Avengers #150, 1976. Perez art, plenty of general wear again, including some staining bottom front cover. 5.0 range structurally, but i think 4.0 with the stain.

$5 stand alone, or FREE with any $20+ purchase from this point forward. MUST CLAIM.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Avengers #159, 1977. This one is basically the same, but it feels trimmed. I have no idea why (except for practice), but see the back for what was my first indication. Seems a fraction smaller than #160 that was next in the stack.

FREE with any purchase to any buyer in this thread past/present/future. Must claim. This book can be an 2nd freebie for any buyer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Avengers #160, 1977. Well, maybe the other book isn't trimmed. The back cover is basically the same here. So, I really don't know. This one is in that same 5.0 range until you get to the spine split up to the bottom staple. 

FREE with any purchase from this point forward. Must claim. One freebie per person.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Avengers #161, 1977, COPY A. This is a sharp copy. There is a bit of spine wear, but pretty minimal. The white on the front has a TINY amount of color transfer/soiling. I think it's a 9.0. A clean and press has a chance to make this worth slabbing.

$25

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

I went through and applied more price cuts through the Astonishing run. I will get more cuts posted later. In the meantime, shoot me an offer...especially on multiple books.

Price cuts now extended through JIUW listings.

Edited by elibowman

On 6/12/2022 at 6:57 PM, elibowman said:

Avengers #25, 1966. DOOM! This book needs a press. Does not lay flat, but most of the bending is non-color breaking. Some ancient moisture exposure. Not sure what to give it. Probably 3.0 as it sits with really good potential. 

$75  **NOW $65**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I’ll take it :)

Let's try something completely different. Elfquest Warp Graphics lot of #s 1 through 5. These are the 1978 series, but all have $1.50 cover prices. I believe this indicates later print runs. All are high grade, but have minor spine and edge wear. 8.5 or better on all to be safe. More pics available on request  

$60  **NOW $50**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Not a lot of life recently, so let's try a couple Spidey and some Bat books to get something going...

(Note: this is a rerun from a previous sales thread where I completely screwed up the sale by being ULTRA-slow in response)

Amazing Spider-Man #122 (1973); CGC 6.5 OW-W. Top right corner of case has a crack with a couple plastic pieces inside. 

$350 ($90 discount to the 90-day avg for books with solid cases)  NOW $325  **NOW $300!!**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Amazing Spider-Man #212, 1981. 1st Hydro-Man. This book is CRYING for a press. Some spine wear that could be greatly improved, a couple indentions that don't break color. Probably 6.0 as it sits.

$20  **NOW $18**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Amazing Spider-Man #135, 1974. Very sharp copy. Structural condition is very nice. Here are the issues: distributor overspray that impacts front and back covers and interior, some edge wear to top cover, slight spine stress, back cover needs a cleaning and has a small marking in blue pen ink. MVS is intact, and without the distributor ink, it would probably be 8.0-8.5 range. Not sure how this much overspray impacts the VF range grade.

$150  **SOLD via PM to @okcomicdad**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

On 6/14/2022 at 2:34 PM, elibowman said:

Amazing Spider-Man #135, 1974. Very sharp copy. Structural condition is very nice. Here are the issues: distributor overspray that impacts front and back covers and interior, some edge wear to top cover, slight spine stress, back cover needs a cleaning and has a small marking in blue pen ink. MVS is intact, and without the distributor ink, it would probably be 8.0-8.5 range. Not sure how this much overspray impacts the VF range grade.

$150

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Take per pm.

Batman #243, 1972. Adams cover. Would be high grade except for a book length bend that has some color loss to the front. On the front, it's just a bend. On the back, it's a non-color breaking crease. A press would help, but not eliminate. Otherwise, very minimal wear...a few small spine tics, a blunted corner or two, minor edge wear. I think it's 5.5 as it sits, but presents better.

$38  NOW $30  **SOLD via PM to @HighRadArt**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman