• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IS $10 TO MUCH TO PAY FOR SHIPPING AND HANDELLING ON 1 COMIC?

48 posts in this topic

i ALWAYS use usps priority for 1 comic or 10 comics. but for one comic sandwiched between two oversized cardboards, packed amidst some filler to prevent shifting (newspaper, foam peanuts) it costs me (Zone 1) between 4.35 and 5.85 with delivery confirmation, no insurance, depending on where to in country. usually ends up at about 4.55. that is why i charge 5.00 across the board. it averages out pretty well. And with usps priority, the boxes are free. so if it is normal sized book, no extra expenses for a box or a ton of packing tape (boxes are self sealing). now if they are CGC books they would cost a bit more. my prices are raw. and if insurance is in there it will be more, about 1.30 for first fifty, not sure after how much. 10 seems a bit high. if it is not insured and raw. I just won one on ebay and the seller charged me 10 thru usps priority with insurance (even though TOS stated UPS). but they used a non usps box(expense) and it was too big(expense, box weighs more and more filler weighs more) so i did not think profiteering, i thought inexperience. hopefully you can get that knocked down some though

if it is a CGC comic going from West Coast to East Coast or Vice Versa - then $10 is possible if packing takes package over 2lbs - I find this is often the case when I ship in the heavier carton Diamond boxes that comics come to your local comic shop in weekly. But if I use the free priority mail box and pack safe (2 hard carton cutouts with bubblewrap, making a CGC slab sandwich), I can ship for between 1- 2 lbs (but definitely under 2 lbs one oz) and it comes to about $8.00 shipping to West Coast from here in VA...so $10 is feasible but slightly hgigher - maybe enough to cover box and packing material

In the case of your X-Men 9 raw then it is way too much! Unless insurance is included and this is a $600+ book then $10 is probably right on the money ($3.85 postage + $6.20 insurance fee covering mdse value of $600)

Well, it still costs $9 for global priority at cost so the $1 may be for other packing material!

Could be. When I sell pieces - usualy movie paper - it costs me for the materials. Sure, I keep the cardboard from pieces I have received, but I still like to use bubble-enforced outer envelopes (which cost more than a buck) and also annother interior envleope. But what the hey.

All I can say is, now, at these perilous times, SOLIDARITY!!!!!!!!!!