• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IS $10 TO MUCH TO PAY FOR SHIPPING AND HANDELLING ON 1 COMIC?

48 posts in this topic

You can't insure Global Priority Mail, but they don't tell you that. You can insure regular mail, or Parcel Post. Bottom line, he's profiting on shipping.

I hardly ever ship international so I'm going to have to plead ignorance here. How do the different methods to ship to Canada compare in cost? Is regular or parcel post cheap in comparrison when shipping to Canada? confused.gif

Don't feel bad...I just paid $13.00 for shipping on 1 CGC book. I Emailed the seller and asked why shipping was $13.00, and he told me...."because that's what I stated in the auction". If I didn't really want the book(and didn't care about my feedback) I would have told him to go..................Well, you know.

I don't believe $10 is too much to pay for comic, unless of course you want the person to send the comic unbagged, un-boarded, in a letter envelope, with no attention to protecting the comic. On the other hand, I recently purchased a PCMCIA card for my notebook (memory stick reader) from a seller on ebay -- think 3 or 4 credit cards stacked together -- those are the dimensions of the item. Granted, it is a very fragile piece of electronics, there is no way in hell anything that small, that light, and that easy to ship should cost US $30!!! That's right, the seller demanded I pay US $30 to cover shipping and handling! I nearly fell out of my chair when I recieved his email. Want to talk about getting "roped" on shipping, then my experience perfectly illustrates how some sellers are making back their money on NR items through shipping charges. When I explained to the seller that I would make sure to check the cost of the shipping when the item arrived, his priced dropped to the tune of US $15! mad.gif