• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supergear

32 posts in this topic

I'm sure he'd just like a chance to get to know his "friends" around here tongue.gif

He's welcome any time. I look forward to meeting him. hi.gif

ironic. in an Alannis Morrissette sense of the word

Wow. It took 4 years, but I finally had a post deleted--and all for asking IL to follow through on his promise to abandon us.

Seriously, Al Stoltz seems to be coming out on the short end of this deal. As I mentioned in my deleted post, IL's post doesn't do justice to the hard work Al put into finding this book. He didn't "always" have it, and spent years asking every serious collector who walked up to him at shows, handed out fliers, etc.

As for the other thread related to this incident, I really don't care if what Al did was within ebay's rules. During my years in DC, Al was one of the best dealers I knew. Always had stellar books, talked to collectors about what they were interested in (even if was a bunch of silly cartoon glasses), and just an all-round friendly guy that I'm pretty sure just about everyone on this board would enjoy buying from.

As for the other thread related to this incident, I really don't care if what Al did was within ebay's rules.

Neither do I, and I made that clear to him! That's what's crazy about it. screwy.gif

Wow. It took 4 years, but I finally had a post deleted--and all for asking IL to follow through on his promise to abandon us.

Seriously, Al Stoltz seems to be coming out on the short end of this deal. As I mentioned in my deleted post, IL's post doesn't do justice to the hard work Al put into finding this book. He didn't "always" have it, and spent years asking every serious collector who walked up to him at shows, handed out fliers, etc.

As for the other thread related to this incident, I really don't care if what Al did was within ebay's rules. During my years in DC, Al was one of the best dealers I knew. Always had stellar books, talked to collectors about what they were interested in (even if was a bunch of silly cartoon glasses), and just an all-round friendly guy that I'm pretty sure just about everyone on this board would enjoy buying from.

Then why's he acting like such a ? confused-smiley-013.gif