• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Spider-Man 5
4 4

7 posts in this topic

How much does the weird stapling take away from the book? Staples look for sure to be original and clean as a whistle, I looked over the cover closely and see NO signs of tampering, and the inside of the book is nicer than the outside with very tight pages. Overall I'm really excited about this one and wondering what CGC might grade it as? This will be my earliest ASM to date!

IMG_20220608_140404_2048x2048.webp

IMG_20220608_140410_2048x2048.webp

It looks like a clean, well-preserved copy, and a Dr. Doom cover to boot!  :headbang:  Off-the-spine staples were common in 1963, so you're all good on that front.  However, there is a moderate amount of handling wear.  Since there may be blemishes and/or defects not evident in your images, I can only say that I don't believe the book will grade higher than 6.5 FN+.  :foryou:

ASM5.jpg.266e62ab9190b3a6a3836dba7569b8c5.jpg

As others have said it is an accumulation of very minor defects.  If the books colors in hand are what they appear in the photos then I think this is a great pickup.  A lot of the covers to this issue seem to be tanning and this one the whites look blindingly white!  Really attractive copy.  6.5