• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Variant Cover not noted
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Just got back a Venom 7 Secret ("tongue") variant. CGC did not note that it was a secret variant. I have seen others for sale that do specifically indicate on the label that it is a Secret Variant. Is this something that CGC is supposed to note during grading? Is are you supposed to call this out for them during the submission process? It went through my LCS so I cannot say how it was submitted, but assume that CGC, as the "experts" should catch this while grading. Curious for feedback on the process prior to going back to my LCS.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. We do notate variants on the label but we would have to see the book to determine if this book would qualify as a variant.  If you would like to email us the certification number and a picture of the book, we can double check that.  If it was mislabeled, we can have you send that back for a correction at no charge.  You can email us at: submissions@cgccomics.com. 

Thank you!

• Administrator
On 6/24/2022 at 7:53 PM, KRWCUPA said:

I will email. Does CGC also cover shipping costs in this circumstance?

Hello, If there was an error on the label, yes, we will cover all costs, including shipping both ways.  Thank you!