• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your thoughts on Checking Copies - should CGC acknowledge them? (POLL - CGC WILL BE SENT RESULTS, PLEASE VOTE!)
3 3

What are your thoughts on Checking Copies - CGC currently does not acknowledge them (POLL)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should CGC recognize CHECKING COPY on the label like they do with FILE COPY / PAY COPY?

• Yes, they should have its own unique designation and appear on the label as "Checking Copy"
    • Yes, but they should simply be classified as "File Copy" on the label
    • Yes, but I have other ideas on how they should be labeled/classified (please leave a comment)
    • No. CGC should continue to not recognize Checking Copies.

42 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 7/10/2022 at 5:49 PM, Sauce Dog said:

@CGC Mike just wanted to loop you in on this little poll I've started and would very much appreciate any help/suggestions/insights you might have, as I feel at this point it is clear there is at least some desire by us crusty collectors to have CGC start reconsidering their position on Checking Copies :) 

So, this thread was brought to the attention of management and this is their decision.

Checking copies can come from various sources—even existing pedigrees. We feel like it would be muddying the waters.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:13 PM, CGC Mike said:

So, this thread was brought to the attention of management and this is their decision.

Checking copies can come from various sources—even existing pedigrees. We feel like it would be muddying the waters.

Thanks for the update Mike, I appreciate you passing it along and them taking it into consideration.

While I remain of the mind that these could at the very least be slotted in under File Copy classification I recognize the concern CGC might have with it and figuring out provenance.