• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WONDER MAN series (2024?)

52 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2022 at 2:29 PM, Lpgk said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I loved Trevor Slattery. 

He was the best character in Shang Chi. I never saw IM3. I did see All Hail the King. 

On 8/30/2022 at 9:16 AM, TupennyConan said:

He was the best character in Shang Chi. I never saw IM3. I did see All Hail the King. 

He was great in IM3. Go watch it just for that. And the finale of armors

On 8/31/2022 at 4:29 AM, Lpgk said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I loved Trevor Slattery. 

I did - but this is one time too many.

On 8/31/2022 at 12:44 AM, Lpgk said:

He was great in IM3. Go watch it just for that. And the finale of armors

Ben Kingsley was fantastic in the role of the Mandarin and I loved the tone of the "Mandarin's lessons" videos. It was setting up something amazing to come. Then the moment where it is revealed he is just an actor which I did not like because he was a far superior Mandarin than Aldritch Killian in my opinion. I hated Ironman 3 which is an unpopular opinion since it did so well at the box office. I fully expect to receive an "Ok Boomer!" :takeit:

Watch this very short attached video of the Mandarin's "lesson" and see once again what could have been. "Some people call me a terrorist, I consider myself a teacher". It was an excellent line, delivered in such a way that it gave you chills as the people behind him are being gunned down. He was terrifying, then he became just Trevor Slattery the bumbling actor meh, a defining moment in the Marvel cinematic universe for they continued down this path of creating content simply for the joke/laugh.

Edited by Artboy99

On 9/1/2022 at 6:23 AM, Artboy99 said:

Ben Kingsley was fantastic in the role of the Mandarin and I loved the tone of the "Mandarin's lessons" videos. It was setting up something amazing to come. Then the moment where it is revealed he is just an actor which I did not like because he was a far superior Mandarin than Aldritch Killian in my opinion. I hated Ironman 3 which is an unpopular opinion since it did so well at the box office. I fully expect to receive an "Ok Boomer!" :takeit:

Watch this very short attached video of the Mandarin's "lesson" and see once again what could have been. "Some people call me a terrorist, I consider myself a teacher". It was an excellent line, delivered in such a way that it gave you chills as the people behind him are being gunned down. He was terrifying, then he became just Trevor Slattery the bumbling actor meh, a defining moment in the Marvel cinematic universe for they continued down this path of creating content simply for the joke/laugh.

You are not alone. Though some on here proclaim it was an incredible twist that made Iron Man 3 that much better.

And it is clear Marvel Studios realized it as well. Leading to the release of 'All Hail The King'.

That should have led to some near-term follow-up. But we ended up with the results of Shang-Chi instead. Not a bad movie. Just not as great as it could have been rectifying the Mandarin.

Edited by Bosco685
Stupid phone auto-correct

On 10/20/2022 at 7:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

Hmmm. Not sure if he's got 'the look' for Wonder Man, but who knows with these rumours anyway. Dime a dozen. 

I thought - 'no idea who this guy is' - then I remembered he was brilliant in the incredible Watchmen re-imagining TV series.

So - good actor, but Wonder man as a comedy?

Even Yahya won't be able to save it.

Wonder Man was interesting because of his psychological problems, his ego, his cowardice and self-doubt. Yup, he wise-cracked, but that was to hide fear, not because his character was 'funny'

After the disaster of Love and Thunder, I'd kinda hoped the 'humour' route had been stopped for a bit.

Good actor - now we need a serious -script for him to work with. :wishluck:

I'm a fan of the character. I've always enjoyed the crazy history with Vision - Human Torch, Ultron, Grim Reaper, Wanda, & everyone else. The whole thing is craziness. May they bring it to tv. 

The only way to do this is to retcon Jarvis out. To do this will require deleting Stark. No Stark, no terribly polite Britlander. That'd be the best news in 2023. 

The only way to improve it would be with Bova the Cow.

Here's one fan's idea of how Yahya would look as Wonder Man.